Trying to decide on monorail resort dinner after MK day in Nov

Narrowed it down to Kona Café, GF Café or The Wave. What’s your favorite and why?

I have heard AMAZING things about the Wave. Have a family member who dined there on a whim and loved it so much they go back every year. She said dinner is especially good!. I have eaten at Kona and it was good, although I don’t know if I’d do it for dinner again, I think I’d try the wave over Kona or GF Cafe.

1 Like

We do dinner at the Wave most trips. There’s no fun factor, but the food is really good.

1 Like

The absolute WORST service I’ve ever had at WDW was at the Wave. The food was OK, I guess, but the service really ruined the whole experience. I know, every restaurant can have a bad night, but I have no desire to go back…

2 Likes

My favorite monorail resort meal is Ohana, delicious food, fun atmosphere. My family and I went one time and now it’s a must do everytime we go.

1 Like

So what you read here is what I have heard a million times over about The Wave: it is inconsistent. One person can have an over the top fabulous experience while the next will have a terrible time. So there’s that…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Going to do some more research and look at menus again before booking.

I had an experience similar to @bswan26 at The Wave for breakfast late last year. The server talked us into the buffet which was pretty meh. There was maybe 4 other occupied tables in whole restaurant and 10 or 12 dirty tables that had not been cleaned after the people left.

We’ve eaten at Kona cafe 3 times in the past year, 1 breakfast and 2 dinners. Each time we had good food and service.

1 Like

We LOVE Kona and, for us, The Wave was DNR. (Do not return.) Do you like a buffet or a la carte? We prefer a la carte, so Kona is for us.

1 Like

Kona is a must for me because of the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes!

1 Like