Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

I am shocked, since Mickey Views just showed a video from two days ago, and none of that track was there, not even the gravel nor ties. This fast work suggests they are motivated. I had hoped it would be ready by December, but doubted it was possible. This makes me think it is possible…but still unlikely. Even if the track is complete and they manage to finish up the surrounding landscaping, they still need to finish training the crew on the remainder of the track. So I still think it won’t be until at least January.

On the other hand, having a people eater like the train would be beneficial going into the week of Christmas for crowd control. So…who knows.

8 Likes

I’ve been hoping by December too which would make it 4 total years it was out of commission. I know they’ve been training conductors too so this has me thinking the likelihood of it opening before year end more plausible.

5 Likes

Courtesy of @bioreconstruct on Twitter, more signs of progress pics

New graphics added above the entrance

Landscaping right next to the ride has started to be installed in addition to the hand rails and boots covering the supports

One more view of the new train track

7 Likes

More Tron trees and Train tracks. This week’s posts from @bioreconstruct on Twitter and from WDWNT

First bioreconstruct posted pics More landscaping has gone in around Tron and next to the train tunnel

From WDWNT. More train track improvements are being done over by the Fantasy land station

3 Likes

Are we expecting that the railroad will reopen before the Tron debut?

2 Likes

This would be wonderful if they did open up the RR b4 Tron! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I think it will because they hired CM’s for train before the Tron testing team. The train has been spotted out being tested.

4 Likes

I’m resigned to the fact that Tron won’t be open by my late Nov / early Dec trip, but I’d be so happy if the railroad is running by then. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Supposedly train training has been ongoing. My dumb guess is that once the train can move through the Tron area safely that operations will return

5 Likes

More Landscaping and sidewalk work at Tron per WDWNT

More trees in by the train tracks and a safety railing going in between the train track and sidewalk

7 Likes

I feel like I should know this but… is there another place, other than riding on the PM, to see Tron construction?

1 Like

Over by Barnstormer used to be a great spot but then they put up those rolling plant fences so I haven’t checked over there in a while.

3 Likes

Yes, I haven’t been back their either b/c of the fences.

2 Likes

Let’s see if I can make it over there after lunch.

6 Likes

Train track looks complete but there’s work still going on by Tron. What are they going to do with the ugly concrete wall. Paint it go away green?

6 Likes

Also new light posts going in along the walkway per WDWNT

Once they are finished the remaining landscaping can be completed

Also train engine testing video posted on Tik tok by WDW

6 Likes

Was just coming to post this. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! I’m so excited!

6 Likes

Graffiti

5 Likes

Like I’m only kind of kidding

I don’t know the movie at all. But I’m thinking some kind of Disneyfied urban graffiti might work?

3 Likes

Really? Do you know how long it would take WDW to do that? It took six months to pour a sidewalk they would need six years for something creative. Paint the wall green and re open the train

8 Likes