Tron lightcycle?

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to tell myself that our next trip to WDW would not include a trip to MK. Haha! Could no longer lie to ourselves and have decided to park hop there on our last day after a morning and late lunch at Y&Y. If we plan to get to MK around 5pm, what do you think is the best way to get on Tron? We will need to buy G+ and ILL I’m sure because we are there the first week of April and attendance looks pretty high- between 6-9…

1 Like

There has been some discussion if iLL will be different for Tron and require an APR based on this

You cannot join a VQ without an APR (unless the queue Is still available when you park hop).

2 Likes

Thanks! If we do change our APR and get in the virtual queue, do we have to arrive at the prescribed time or can we wait until it gets dark?

They have typically allowed you in any time after your VQ was called…but I suspect they may have to curtail that - or at least put a limit of something like “within 2 (or 3) hours of your group being called” - with Tron as I suspect MANY people will want to go in the evening and thus create the kind of ridiculous line they are trying to avoid.

The other rides that have been VQ don’t really have a difference between night and day so the only true flexibility needed was in case of ADRs people had already made (or a G+ return time); but I have a feeling they will closely observe the number of people waiting and waiting and how long the VQ line gets once darkness hits and will make any decision about changes within the first few days to a week. If they see a relatively vacant line early in the day and a huge line with people long after their boarding group was called after dark I suspect they will put some limits on all the VQs (since if people are allowed later at others they will pitch a fit when not allowed to do it at Tron).

9 Likes

This is a really good point. I have my doubts Disney has thought that through yet…but I expect it won’t take them long before they need to!

4 Likes

Would it be kind of a self correcting thing if the night time wait is always 2 hours, but it is nearly a walk on during the day?

1 Like

Probably not. If it were the opposite, then it might self correct with people choosing to wait until later in the day to ride after the they see the wait time, but in this instance it is “too late” to choose the shorter lines and the casual visitor will not know this in advance.

3 Likes

That was a good point. So maybe best to ride earlier on the VQ and maybe buy the LL for the evening night ride! I dont go until June so I can wait and see what happens the couple months.

1 Like

I don’t see how they can without a lawsuit or changing it so you have a say in what time you get.

Blurred because I have already ridden and might be a spoiler

You are only outside for about 2 seconds the rest of the ride is indoors.

2 Likes

They could easily change the rules to say you have a 2 or 3 hour window to return. And make it VERY clear when you’re on the page to try for a VQ that the return window once called is whatever the time frame they have decided is. That is MORE than enough time to make an ADR.

And with the now 2 hour cancellation policy for ADRs, you can always cancel that if you’re afraid that your wait will interfere with that.

You didn’t get a say in when your window was for paper fastpasses - even when it said a window, I RARELY got one in that window displayed at the get it area.

2 Likes

You could also use paper fast passes the rest of the day though, as long as you knew - which is the same as BGs. The vast majority of visitors aren’t going to know that they can come back whenever.

2 Likes

But would the casual visitor “know” that Tron is better at night? The “casuals” may just make this a non-event basically.

And we also may be overestimating how much better is to ride at night as well. Although the pictures certainly do look cooler lit up at night…

3 Likes

My guess is that most casual visitors would think they must ride immediately once their boarding group is called.

4 Likes

Agree, unless you are on a MB, you are going to have no clue there is a buffer.

2 Likes