Trip Report: The one with the epic split stay, AKA the one that saved my sanity

Favorite comment ever! Thanks :blush:

4 Likes

Hmmm general guess—. magic kingdom area resort?

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

But first…

6 Likes

Homecoming??? (please say yes)

3 Likes

Kowakian monkey lizard actually!

Congrats on BG1!

2 Likes

Nope…but I do need to try that place. Next time.

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m so enjoying your trip report! Thank you for taking the time to do it. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m so glad! This is actually (so far) one of the best trips we’ve had :blush:

3 Likes

Just because :blush:

12 Likes

4/6: in search of mountains!
But first, the other things…
Checked out of BCV. This was our first stay there. It’s beautiful and overall we really liked it. The walk to epcot and boat to HS, you can’t beat. But, it’s so spread out. So much walking to everything. I’m not sure I would stay a whole week there personally.
Split stays are NY favorite. We always have our car so moving isn’t bad, and it almost feels like a different vacation when you switch, which is kind of exciting. We left BCV with out packed car and headed to DS. We arrived at 10, had no problems parking, and temp screening and entry was quick and easy. It ws pretty empty for a bit, but it started to fill up around lunch time. We shopped and had sundaes at Ghirardelli for lunch then took off. Line for Gideons was insane from the time we first walked by at about 1020 until we left. Can the cookies be that good?
From there we parked at BLT and walked into MK! It was about 1 at this point and crowds were pretty thin on main Street. Ran into a couple of cavalcades early on.

TP said to ride BTMRR since the wait was 15 min so we headed there first. On our way…we found the crowds. There were people everywhere from frontierland through Adventureland. Posted wait was 45 min but I had faith in TP, and sure enough…fam was off BTMRR in less than 15. From there, the little one wanted barnstormer and they were on and off that in 15 as well. Mermaid was a walk on essentially and then we headed to COP (is that a thing or did I make that up :laughing:) . I knew I’ve were arriving at the busiest time of day so we went for the non headliners…but BTMRR was a bonus! This was our first time on COP too. Worth doing a time or two. It was cute and a nice rest. After that our room was ready so we walked back to BLT to get settled.
Dinner did not disappoint. LTT for the win! Also a first for us. Food was so, so good. Service was amazing. Nice atmosphere. Will do again.

We were done with dinner a little after 6 and crowds were really clearing out. HM was a walk on and then we waited about 25 min fir POC.
With 2 of our faves done, we headed to Winnie the pooh, which was a walk on. SDMT was a 30 minute wait but fam decided they wanted to shop with the last 45 minutes of park time and hit that one on our last day.

We saved the most of the good stuff for MK day 2. But I so love MK. And that castle is gorgeous. Love the new paint. Love the 50th celebration decor.

AK tomorrow!

15 Likes

Yay best park day! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

This is my DH favorite meal in all of WDW. We are less than 1 month away from enjoying LTT :slight_smile: Thanks for these pictures to get my mouth watering.

2 Likes

Great pics!

1 Like

Good morning!

Late start to AK. Left BLT at 7:55. Bus to ourselves. FOP 115 min per TP. 145 per MDE. Navi river 15 so score.

They let us take our masks off fir this one a day early :wink:

18 Likes

Holy COW that top photo!

I may get the swoon.

3 Likes

Here’s another for you

8 Likes

If I had that view I would be a morning person!

6 Likes

SHOW ME THE TREE!!!
:deciduous_tree:

4 Likes