Trip Report: The one with the epic split stay, AKA the one that saved my sanity

Catching up on this one. Your pictures are stunning!! Thanks for taking us along. Beautiful AK morning!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Agree with all who are loving your pictures - really wonderful!! Is there a new phone the rest of us need to buy?? :wink:

3 Likes

Galaxy s21 plus :wink:

I’m loving the camera!

3 Likes

Soon!

1 Like

I will sit here and wait patiently
I am learning a lot about patience in this past year so this is a good time to test my new skillz.

5 Likes

Mainly that I don’t have it! :laughing:

3 Likes

14 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

When you have no option but to practice it, because the situation is largely in the hands of someone else, and you have nothing to do but wait for them to take action, you learn that you can either suffer or surrender. I have chosen the latter. I am still learning. But I’ve come a long way.

2 Likes

Now this?

Soothing as all heck.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. I hope you tell her (or told her) that I will see her in 82 short days. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

Ok so after Navi we headed to gorilla falls. Everyone was clearly in line for their favorite ride so we had this trail basically to ourselves. Gorillas were everywhere.

From here we
Took the train to the conservation station. I have an aspiring wild animal vet who was hoping to see a surgery ir procedure but no luck today.

The jungle trek was really empty too.

I have to say, I really, really like how this is all set up right now. You kinda follow the leader type thing around the trails. There are markers just like in any other line. Nobody crowds in front of you so you actually get to see the animals and everyone is really good about moving along so the next group can move in to see. It felt much more relaxed than other visits. Huge thumbs up here :+1:.
We were hoping to do kali at this point but the wait was 45 min so we headed over to dinobites for the strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches. Dinosaur was 50 minutes but safari was 20 so we made our way over there. Here again, TP was right on with the wait times. We waited almost exactly 20 min. Wasn’t sure how the mid day safari would be, especially on a 87 degree day but it was excellent!

FOP was down to 50 minutes at around 2 but fam decided that was still too long, Kali still 45. Dinosaur still 50 so we walked around the tree, shopped a bit, and decided we would leave and come back for dinner.
Hubs got carsick on the bus back to BLT and almost lost his ice cream so we decided we would hang out at BLT for the rest of the evening.

Overall, AK felt pretty comfortable today. Not empty, but definitely comfortable.

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing your trip with us and taking us along. I am loving the perspective and framing in your images! The ones of the AK tree are spectacular! And the one of your kids in front of the castle is so great. I’m sorry to hear your DH was carsick. That’s the worst feeling. I hope resting at BLT brings his stomach back to rights.

3 Likes

Great photos. I hope your DH is feeling better.

2 Likes

Thanks. It took him a bit but we actually had a great night in at BLT. Once he recovered we grabbed some dinner from Contempo Cafe (surprisingly good!) And then walked on the beach for a bit, then we played shuffle board, mini golf, and corn hole. The kids had a blast!

8 Likes

Thank you. He has recovered :blush:

2 Likes

Great! Being sick at Disney is no fun.

2 Likes

We are not a thrill ride family either so I am loving reading your report with a lot of the same rides we plan on riding! Thanks for all the helpful detail and the beautiful pictures!

1 Like

Day 6. MK take 2. Here we gooooooo:

Left BLT at 7:15, later than I hoped. Through the gates and onto main Street by 7:35. Headed to SDMT where fam waited about 25 min. MDE said 60, TP said 25…TP for the win again. I’ve honestly stopped looking at the MDE wait times because TP has always been spot on. I walked around and took some pictures of an empty MK.

With SDMT out of the way, we hit PPF, IASW, HM, and BTMRR. PPF AND IASW had a 10 minute wait or so, and HM abd BTMRR were walk ons. We were done with all of this by 10.

So it was time for this beauty. Best “snack” at Disney…change my mind :yum:

Crowds were starting to build by this point and we knew we were going to close out the park tonight :wink: so we decided to hop on liberty bell and then barnstormer before making our way out if the park. DD had to spend the rest of her money so we did that, then caught a parade of princesses!

We’ll be back after a pool break for our final dinner and a few more MK hours.

13 Likes

Great empty park pictures.
I must agree with you about your snack choice.

2 Likes

One of the longest waits so far. We waited over 25 minutes for the waffles today…but so worth it.

4 Likes