Trip report J181

Lol, I was worried earlier that you would be too tired but I am so glad it was a great arrival day!

2 Likes

Please, as much as I am Iā€™m sure we all want to hear about your day, PLEASE do not take on-ride photos.

Iā€™m a little like Bruce Banner when I see that. ā€œDonā€™t make me angry. You wouldnā€™t like me what Iā€™m angry.ā€

It is one of the few things that infuriates me. (That, and people deciding to text while the movie is playing at the theater, which happened all throughout ā€œThe Incredibles 2ā€ last night. Thanks, guy. I waited more than 10 years for this sequel, and you canā€™t keep your phone in your pocket for 2 hours?)

Anyhowā€¦still. Looking forward to your on-going updatesā€¦sans the on-ride photos.

ETA: I should mention that Iā€™m not talking rides like Itā€™s a Small World, etc. But BTMR, Splash Mountain, etc.

Why not?

4 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t see why taking ride photos is a problem. As long as your flash is off, itā€™s all fine.

5 Likes

You should tell them ProfMatt!

1 Like

It is dangerous. People have been hurt, sometimes seriously, which is why most parks have rules against it.

In one particularly egregious case, I was on a coaster at Six Flags in Chicago. While going up the hill, one guy in the front pulled out a selfie stick and took a picture of himself and the rest of the train. Everyone was so mad because if something went wrong, it was one of US who would be hurt. Fortunately, the ride op noticed, stopped the train as it was just about to crest the hill and forcibly removed the guy from the train. He was kicked out of the park.

Most of the rides at Disney are okay, but rides like BTMR are a definite no-no.

The two photos I posted of BTMR and Splash Mountain were both taken during slow sections. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m taking photos during the whole of the BTMR ride. For a start, on fast rides, Iā€™m always clinging on to the handles ā€” I never put my arms in the air. Secondarily, youā€™d just get a blurry mess if you tried doing it when the ride was moving quickly.

At the front of my boat in Splash Mountain, there was a guy with a selfie stick taking photos (or perhaps video). Shows that Disney security screening isnā€™t that great because Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re banned.

3 Likes

Yes. They are. Grr. Makes my blood boil.

I took some amazing photos of my ride on 7DMT ā€” well, Disney took them, ahem ā€” but MemoryMaker is refusing to activate them and I have to call. Ugh.

1 Like

Itā€™s fabulous to hear that the after party was worth it. We are doing in a few weeks and I havenā€™t heard much about it yet.

@ProfMatt - do what you want! Its YOUR vacation for heavenā€™s sake!!! Iā€™ve learned in the few monthā€™s Iā€™ve lurked here that some posters will disagree with EVERYTHING!!!

You do you. Scroll past the Debbie Downers.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not true!

:wink:

4 Likes

We had someone texts and take flash photography during People Mover and it totally ruined the ride, especially the dark sections. We were so annoyed.

My feelings exactly! I canā€™t wait to hear all about it!

This gives me the 100% warm fuzzies. <3 <3

1 Like

Iā€™m so excited to read updates on your trip! Iā€™ve enjoyed reading your plans morph into what can only be an epic trip. Keep the pics and updates coming and have a great time!

3 Likes

Ooh! Debbie Downers and Disney! I know that one!

1 Like

ditto

Right? Like they say - there is one in every crowd. So annoying. And being obnoxious isnā€™t cute or amusing - its justā€¦ obnoxious.

2 Likes

@profmatt Seeing you have such an amazing time makes my heart so happy! Iā€™m thrilled that you are loving this second trip. I canā€™t wait for when you tell us in a few days that you have bought DVC! =)

7 Likes