Trip report from some normos — interesting data

I agree with you. Germiness aside, I always feel like I’m vaguely fighting for food at buffets. I prefer someone to bring my food to me.

4 Likes

Plus the food generally sucks. Except for Boma. At breakfast.

5 Likes

I just requested Boma breakfast for our next Fab Four/Five trip!!

4 Likes

Especially with younger children, buffet to me = YOU are the server (and the magic ;)).

Or that awkward age where the kids CAN serve themselves but it is a big mess risk, pitting your threshold for embarrassment against how tired you are at the time. Oh wait, just realized that basically describes all of parenting…
My son may or may not have earned a lifetime ban from the soft serve machine at H&V this trip…

12 Likes

Oops :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

I am the magic. I am also sometimes the parade. But I don’t also want to be the server!!
Parenting is great, right? You’ll get through this stage. But as a mom of adult age kids, it just seems like new worries enter the picture.

8 Likes

Oh, that’s so true. Seems like overnight it went from keeping room clean and eating what we gave them to wondering if there’s alcohol or drugs at a friend’s party, if the boyfriend’s parents are really home, or can they get somewhere without a speeding ticket or accident.

5 Likes

No I will :100: take soft-serve shenanigans over any of this and try to savor every day.

Just what I witness my teen and college age nieces putting their parents through is plenty and they are basically best case scenario kids.

3 Likes

You were great as the parade.

6 Likes

I think it’s the ‘sometimes’ part that people will scoff at.

2 Likes

Well, we can’t expect @Julianne_fki to always be the parade. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes