Trip report from some normos — interesting data

Two of the (adult) daughters of one of my friends are currently spending two days in WDW with park-hopper tickets. They have not paid for Genie+ or LL$.

Yesterday, they rode 11 rides in two parks, saw the MK parade and watched Harmonious at Epcot.

Today, by 10am, they had ridden both rides in Pandora.

They have visited WDW before, perhaps five years ago. They have done no pre-planning. They have made no ADRs.

They are having a fantastic time.

20 Likes

Comment to me from the mother: “You’ve become so spoilt you have no idea it’s possible to live like a normal person any more.”

9 Likes

Did they RD?

2 Likes

I believe so. Both days.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to hear how they get on if they hop to HS later. That’s the problem park, even if one RDs (for me at least).

3 Likes

Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

9 Likes

Except that if they RDed they are not truly ignorant!:wink:

4 Likes

Indeed. The opposite is FOMO and that can be crippling.

8 Likes

This thread is making me laugh at myself. AP holder, umpteen visits, arriving on Sunday, and here I am stalking the boards for any last minute tips, changes etc. However, I have thrown caution to the wind and made no ADRs. Will that make it a more relaxing trip or a chaotic, and hungry/hangry one? :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

We’ve done this quite a lot. Of course we only go for a couple of days. With only 2 of us, I find that we can almost always get a table if we hit the restaurant for early seating.

They’ve also done a better job at last minute walk-up options for a lot of places.

2 Likes

Another thing that helps is if you eat like a young adult. If you don’t care what/where you eat at WDW it really frees you up.

3 Likes

Just two of us as well. And we enjoy bars and lounges.

2 Likes

I totally care. It’s rare that we have to compromise. Walked up to Yacht Club last trip. Grabbed BOMA brkfst on the morning of, Skipper’s Canteen grabbing a day-of ADR.

4 Likes

You are making me want to travel with just DD18. We’ve never had just a party of two, so ADR’s months out and needing to plan our days around those are our norm.

2 Likes

Never search ADRs for 3. Always look for 4. Works wonders.

6 Likes

For day of ADRs, we plan to have one person search for 2 and the other for 3, just to see what different options appear. I am not a fan of QS or CS. I like to sit down, sip wine and be served.

4 Likes

I totally feel you

3 Likes

I applaud them for accomplishing so much and feeling good about it and all w/o G+.

I just completed a survey about my HS visit yesterday (I seem to be getting a survey every time I visit a park WDW&USO). They asked about my use of G+ and I wrote that I wouldn’t buy it b/c I’ve already paid for parking and to get into the park; enough is enough! If I use a park parking lot I pay the difference for Preferred Parking. APs, DVC staying on points and resort guests get to park for free in the parks if you want preferred parking, you pay the difference between the two.

5 Likes

We had a park day yesterday and the crowd level was low and lovely. May not have been the same experience for them on a holiday week for example but I’m so glad they enjoyed themselves!
Getting into some nice weather this week as well!

7 Likes

I don’t drink wine, but I do like to be served! I think this is why I don’t really care for buffets. If I’m paying that price, I want food brought to me at the table!

6 Likes