Trip report D186

Where is Gregg? Hope he is feeling ok.

Maybe he took the photo

Itā€™s only during the winter that I might put a sweater on him if we go for a walk. Whippets get cold easily.

He did.

1 Like

And Jackass of the Day is awarded to: the woman who took flash photographs of every scene in Nemo.

Sorry. I forgot to leave the flash off and I donā€™t know how to work this thing anyway.

4 Likes

This is new. Coral Reef wonā€™t check me in early. Everywhere else has done.

1 Like

Of course, Iā€™m still stuffed from my Frappuccino (and naughty chocolate chip cookie) from earlier on.

And I have Monsieur Paul tonight.

1 Like

Why does my t-shirt always blouse whenever people take my photo? Iā€™m actually very slim.

@SirGreggLadyV was entirely delightful, albeit with an American accent.

5 Likes

I have been looking forward to this dinner most of all. Canā€™t wait for you to share about it.

I love Coral Reef. First place I was brave enough to try Shrimp and Grits. I donā€™t do spicy and they served it with the andouille sauce on the side (of course, theyā€™re Disney).
Shhh, donā€™t tell anyone but in June my DH, DS and DGD will be snorkeling in that tank! Itā€™s a birthday surprise for my DS.

3 Likes

I want to do that!!!

Poor Calvin. Our dog was a Boston Terrior so I totally understand how chilly he must get. As an Alaskan dog, Baxter would just tell us how stupid we were to expect him to go outside when it was cold. He hated rain much more than snow for some reason.

On my iPhone I canā€™t tell what message youā€™re responding to. Iā€™m going to assume you mean my dinner at MP rather than lunch at CR.

My view:

3 Likes

Sorry - yes MP is what Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about

I may post a sentence or two about it. If thereā€™s anything to note. Do they have live animals to gawp at while you eat? If not Iā€™m not sure thereā€™ll be much to say.

Had the giant shrimp starter. The giant refers to the shrimp, not the starter. But I love shrimp and cocktail sauce. Reminds me of my time at Exeter. Itā€™s not really a thing in the UK.

There was a lobster bisque, but five in one week might look obsessive.

Salmon on its way. I love being American and demanding substitutions: once again mashed potato instead of rice.

3 Likes

My server at CR forgot to give me my CP ticket so had to go back to get it. And I forgot to bring some medication that Iā€™m on. Not going back to Pop to get it. Iā€™m already 12 mins behind schedule!

Headed to WS now.

This guy watched us eat the entire time.

13 Likes

Damn. I am going back to Pop.

Oh, sorry. :frowning:

I AM THE MASTER PLANNER

OK. So my WS time has been drastically cut down by the need to go back to Pop.

BUT I said earlier I was rethinking my plans for tomorrow.

NEW PLAN: MK is out. Epcot is in. Bagged an FPP for Soarinā€™ for tomorrow morning. After a lot of modifying. This is actually a major success. I really wanted to ride it again.

Then Iā€™ll head to WS.

This is actually a better plan than my original. I wasnā€™t thrilled with my FPPs at MK tomorrow and I donā€™t need to see the parade again. (Besides, what viewing spot would I find on Christmas Eve?)

Also WS will fill whatever time I have before I have to head back to Pop and the DME. Whereas I really wasnā€™t sure what Iā€™d do in MK. Iā€™ve had a lot of MK action this trip and it will be a zoo tomorrow.

Still planning on breakfast at GF CafĆ©, then probably Uber to Epcot for speed. Well, Lyft. But will see whatā€™s available at Epcot. Ooh! Maybe I go for Les Halles! Iā€™ve wanted to try that for ages.

Double also, I actually donā€™t mind going back to Pop. I need to pick up an item I bought at Epcot yesterday. And I want to check out the arrangements for departure.

I have FEA at 5.15-6.15pm, then CP at 6.45pm. So no rush.

This is a win, people.

13 Likes