Trip report D183

Got my credentials from Tony’s for the parade and have staked out my spot for the fireworks. Everyone else is at the front of the area. Idiots! I have a primo spot at the back with comfy railing seating.

My view:

19 Likes

My plan: fireworks, then 7DMT (twice?), then back to Tony’s for parade. Weather currently glorious.

3 Likes

Those photos never get old.

3 Likes

Oh, so pretty!

3 Likes

Does Holiday Wishes have Tinkerbell? No, don’t tell me. But I’ll be heartbroken if I don’t see her fly.

2 Likes

Damn. It’s raining.

:crying_cat_face:

It did when we saw it two weeks ago.

Your pictures are stunning! Thank you for taking the time to post these. Wish we were all there with you!

2 Likes

We have been to the AMC Dine In theater by us and the food was really good, like pub food.

Rant warning

So just before the fireworks began, some selfish jackass stood right in front of me. He was like 6’2” and broad, carrying a backpack. So I was forced to move over. He kept shifting his weight from one leg to the other, thus continuing to obscure my view. And then, when the fireworks began, he started f***ing filming it with his dumb camera phone. This is why I hate people.

Also: no Tinkerbell. Why not? No rain in the end. No wind. Not happy.

Then: rushed to 7DMT along with everyone else in the world. They’re posting a 40 minute wait. The parade is in 40 minutes. WTF? Not happy.

Calm section

Initially I thought the fireworks were meh. I’ve seen fireworks before. What are they bringing to the party that’s new? And then they got really good. With a great finale.

Ranty again

When the f*** am I going to ride 7DMT? This is basically my only chance tonight. I can’t get an FPP for my other days and I’m not waiting in crazy long lines. I guess maybe after the parade. Long walk, though, from Town Square to get there in time.

2 Likes

Oh man! So sorry. :frowning:

To be fair, I’ve exaggerated a bit. It was genuinely selfish and irritating but the fireworks are in the air and the castle is big. It was more the principle of the thing. Like — Hello? There’s an actual person right here, jackass.

3 Likes

Warming to my rantiness, I take back what I said earlier. The park is busy. Like regular daytime on a busy day busy. Not cool, bro.

2 Likes

This is the party, right? I’ve heard they are pretty busy.

Have I missed the part where you said what you thought about the castle having icicles? Is this the first time you have seen that or am I forgetting something? I remember thinking that it was beyond beautiful. Also, when in the heck are you getting to Epcot for Voices of Liberty and Illuminations w/ the holiday ending!?!

3 Likes

Yeah. Very Merry. Waaaaaay busier than MNSSHP and infinitely busier than DAH.

Have staked my spot in the primo area for the parade. It’s filling up already. Maybe half an hour to go. Main Street is already full of people waiting.

Well, see for yourself:

9 Likes

Oh, the castle is amazing. Stunning from every angle. A major draw for me.

7 Likes

I’m doing Epcot on the 23rd.

3 Likes

The wind is picking up (there’s an advisory for tomorrow) but no more rain in the forecast.

1 Like