Trip Report -- A Disney College Program Story and Saying Goodbye

Yes. There are some blackouts, not when mine was there, but when TSL and SWGE first opened. They do usually do cast previews though so they at least get to do that stuff when it’s only open to them.

3 Likes

Very nice! I love the two finger point to Chip. I true CM.

5 Likes

Those pictures! So adorable. This trip report is going to make me cry.

4 Likes

Don’t laugh - the college program is open to ANYONE enrolled in college (and I think 6 months after they graduate, that may have changed). My DD worked F&W with a woman in her late 30’s who was DCP. She jokingly became their “Disney Mom”. She was really sweet and DD is still FB friends with her. She did say it would have been a little weird if she lived in Disney housing and was living with all the kids.

6 Likes

She was in Chatham Square and the boyfriend was in Patterson.

When was your DD’s program and what was her role?

Haha, yes! The Disney point!! Her at home job is at Kohls and she is always directing people. Abby says she will always do this now.

There are many little things CMs do that guests don’t even realize.

4 Likes

Yep! There have been a lot of tears for us throughout this whole process, both happy and sad.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter’s journey with us! You can tell she would be an amazing cast member just with her genuine smile.

Also, Abby and her boyfriend are just so sweet! How heartbreaking to have to be apart again.

4 Likes

Just so sweet. They are adorable together.

2 Likes

So all I need to do is go back to college and then apply?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Great pics of Abby and her BF. They are very cute together!

3 Likes

I am loving following this, great pictures. I am with @Dreamer, I am ready to go back to college too.

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

She was in Patterson & worked QSFB-Festivals/Epcot. So she went through Traditions, then did park training at Epcot, then trained & earned her ears at Liberty Inn. Next up was F&W so they trained her for that, then scheduled her 3 days off so she could then train for the Festival of Holidays and then her last week after that was over she went back to the Inn. She loved working the festivals because they are given a zone and then you work at the locations in that zone, so not always the same place.

5 Likes

Seriously, you can just go to community college and take a class!

3 Likes

I need to pick something really fun!

3 Likes

How about Theme Park Management?

6 Likes

When we stayed at BWI in December the woman at the front desk of the concierge lounge was in the college program.

4 Likes

Could be fun, but I probably don’t have the patience for it. :joy:

2 Likes

They make a cute couple

3 Likes