Trip Report -- A Disney College Program Story and Saying Goodbye

Fabulous pictures!!! They look like they had so much fun together. So sad that their time got cut short, but they will always have those great memories.

4 Likes

OK jealous. Could we lobby for a Mid-Life-Princess Disney program please?

26 Likes

Loving all these pictures! I especially love the one of the five of them on Main St with the castle in the background.

3 Likes

Oh, yes. I would apply!!

7 Likes

We could be the freshman class!!!

7 Likes

Yes please! I want to be considered a freshman! :joy:

4 Likes

So, do students working through the college program get tickets that allow them to just go to the parks any time they want when they’re not working?

1 Like

She probably made longtime friends

3 Likes

So magical! I know Abby is heartbroken at the way it ended, but she will treasure these memories.

3 Likes

Following this thread has really put some happiness in my day. Thank for continuing to share this.

3 Likes

Wow, what an experience she had.

3 Likes

Such amazing pictures! Thank you for brightening our day!

3 Likes

Fabulous photos!!

3 Likes

@Broph1988, thank you . That is so nice of you to say. We are proud of her. DCP students are treated like any other cast member. All Disney CMs are given a self admission ticket. They are blocked during busy times and are currently all blocked from Hollywood Studios. They can only get FPP five days in advance unless they have a hotel reservation but aside from those conditions they can go whenever they want. Raise your hand if you’d like to work for Disney!!

@scrapper1617, yes she has great memories!

@DumboRunner, I like the way you think!! Actually, all you have to do is be in college in order to be eligible. There was a report of a man (50s I think who in the eyes of the kids was “old”) in the program.

@Dreamer, that picture is one of my favorites too. Teenage girls are good at coming up with picture ideas!

@gabmom, I do think they will be lifelong friends.

@missoverexcited, they really did get to have a lot of magic!

@thekid, thank you. It helps me to be able to share.

@galuchies_463555, it was a great experience.

@PrincipalTinker and @Shmebulock, thank you!

11 Likes

Part 3 – The Boyfriend

Her boyfriend of two and a half years also got into the DCP as a life guard. This was a big deal for them as a couple because their relationship has been long distance since we moved from Illinois to Rhode Island in June of 2018. Since she goes to Illinois State University she is able to visit him when she is at school. ISU is about a three hour drive from where he lives, our old hometown. He has also come to Rhode Island to visit us and went with us on our family Disney trip last June, but this was the first time they would be living in the same town since our move. They were very excited to live close to one another again and just experience every day life together. They did not get into the same Disney apartment complex but got the next best thing – the complexes that were right next to each other. It was a five minute walk from his apartment to hers!

They really enjoyed being this close and he was really sweet. He actually did most of the cooking for them when they could have dinner together. (I think I need to work on her cooking skills :wink:) The week of Valentine’s day, they both had the same day off. He surprised her with having breakfast made when she arrived at his apartment in the morning. He then had the entire day planned for them at Epcot including dinner in “France” and having her pick out perfume for her gift. It was sweet.

All of the girls in the apartment liked him too. He went with them to the parks and sometimes he even joined in on their Bachelor watching parties :joy:

It is really fun to get to share Disney with the one you love.

The brown doors opened! Abby was super excited.

Abby has ridden Dinosaur so many times and still is afraid :rofl:

Up next – the job!

28 Likes

Such a sweet love story!

3 Likes

He sounds like a lovely lad!

4 Likes

What beautiful pictures - it sounds like such a wonderful experience!

3 Likes

Aw, the pics of her and her boyfriend are so sweet!

3 Likes

It looks like she definitely made the best of her time there! Love all the pictures. I’m so glad she had such great room mates, it makes all the difference in the world. What complex was she in? They didn’t let them decorate the windows when mine was there, they got reprimanded for that! I’m glad they changed the rules. Looking forward to the rest of her journey!

3 Likes