Trip Report: 4 Days & 50 Miles / Day 3: 10/22/18

10/20/18 - 10/23/18
Contemporary Resort, Rm 4315
Deluxe Dining Plan & 4-Day Hoppers + MNSSHP 10/21
Day 3: Epcot

Tired… so, so, so tired! We had a 7:30am reservation at The Wave for buffet breakfast. I let DS sleep in and went down to the restaurant and filled take-out boxes with buffet breakfast for us. The CM was very helpful and was happy to accommodate. This breakfast buffet was good, they had the cute little Mickey waffles, but not quite as good as Boma. The restaurant is very generic hotel looking, but nice and quiet and calm (and generally kid-free at that hour). I showered & got ready for the day while DS slept in, and we took the Monorail to Epcot arriving after park opening at 9:30am.

Attractions we experienced and enjoyed: Spaceship Earth (FP), Soarin’ (FP), Disney Pixar Film Fest, The Seas Exhibits, Impressions de France.

Attractions we experienced and should have skipped: Project Tomorrow, Living with the Land, Mission Space (Green), O Canada, Reflections of China. We rode MS-Green due to motion sickness issues, but DS is a heavy PC gamer and found the theming to be unsophisticated (“This is stupid”) but I thought it was cute, because I’m Mom and also apparently a goober. Overall, Future World seems very outdated and tired.

I bumped our Biergarten lunch a little later in the afternoon with ease. We had a nice meal, the entertainment was really great, and had nice people at our table to chat with. The Germany pavilion is full of beautiful friendly German college girls! Very charming.

Dinner was at Teppan Edo, finishing up just as Illuminations began. We love teppanyaki dining, but this was frankly underwhelming. The restaurant was DEAFENINGLY LOUD! I expect the clang of the knives on the cooktop, but the acoustics are horrible and the people were all yelling. The food was not the quality I was expecting. Meh.

My only regret from this day was missing the American Adventure show. The Germany pavilion was by far the most immersive and enjoyable, with France a distant second. I had wanted to enjoy China and Morocco and found both sparse. We had visited all of the country pavilions and exhibits, so we watched Illuminations as we quick-walked back to the Monorail just in time to beat the crowds. DS went back to CR and to bed, I went to MK entering minutes before park closing and shopped for family souvenirs in the after hours, then back to CR by 11pm.

We were so stuffed from all the table service dining, I decided to cancel our early breakfast at Crystal Palace and our lunch at Skipper Canteen the next day. I did this after 9pm the night before by rescheduling to a day several weeks out, then canceling.

12 hours today: 26,832 steps: 1 park: 10 attractions & 11 country pavilions

4 Likes