Trip planning - starting over

After spending several months learning and planning everything for my first family Disney trip it was canceled. This was for June 2020. I had a DVC rental that thankfully I was able to reschedule to August 2021. After that I withdrew from all the Disney planning and news and so much has changed…

Here’s what I know so far:

• Need to reserve park dates. I’ve done this. But I have two tickets with park hopper. I guess that’s not a thing now.

• No meal plans but ADR can be made 60 days out. No idea what will the experience be like for CRT, HDDR, ect. I got my meal plan refunded back in the form of Disney gift cards…

Other than that no idea where to start again. Is tour planning still feasible in 2021? Anything I should be ready for to change last minute? Advice in general for someone who was ready for a pre-covid world?

Thanks,

Hopping is back as of January 1st! You can hop starting at 2pm (officially - unofficially they start admitting people sometimes 15 - 45 minutes earlier). You just need to make a park reservation for your first park, and hopping is subject to availability / capacity. So far no hoppers have been turned away to my knowledge. You can hop as many times as you want.

I wouldn’t plan on HDDR returning, but CRT is already open with a modified experience. You can still see Cinderella, but no touching / hugging - photo ops from a safe distance.

Planning is feasible, but August is a ways out and so much could change between now and then. Keep your eyes open for news!

1 Like

[quote=“Jeff_AZ, post:2, topic:76578”]
Hopping is back as of January 1st! You can hop starting at 2pm (officially - unofficially they start admitting people sometimes 15 - 45 minutes earlier).

Oh that’s good! Is there a list somewhere of what dinner shows and stuff are currently available?

Thanks,

1 Like

This article on Disney Food Blog has a list of which restaurants are open at each park / resort. The article is dated 8/16/20 but the last update to the list was 3/3/21, so they are keeping it fresh!

1 Like

I arrived at HS the other day around 1:35 and was required to wait. Tapstile turned blue. I asked at what time i could enter and was told 1:48. Odd time but that is when it worked. There were several other people waiting as well.

2 Likes