Trip Planning Re-adjustment

You got it! We’ll get the meat and cheese sampler. Plus I’m sure there will be some kind of other snack throughout the day.

2 Likes

Thought I’d throw this out there for anyone. We don’t plan on us wearing magic bands just because we would hardly use them. Our tickets are in my email with a bar code. We don’t have to have them, correct? I wonder how you check in to RotR?

I think you’d just have to scan your tickets from your phone at ROTR. Will you link the tickets in your MDE?

Ok, that would make it easy. There is one bar code for all 4 of our tickets on the confirmation email (it says to show at entrance). Different from Universal where we each have our own QR code.

Yes I have linked the tickets in MDE.

I’m not sure how this works at WDW, but at Disneyland, you present your e-ticket (full page pdf with a bar code) at the turnstiles and they issue you a small paper ticket card. You can also add the ticket to your app (equivalent of MDE) by scanning or manually entering the barcode and you can scan directly from the app when you enter the park or a FP queue.

1 Like

I have considered this but could not find an option anywhere in the settings to do it.

But on my UOR app, the ticket QR codes are there.

If you already added to MDE, you might have already done it. Click on the menu in the lower right corner and then select “Tickets and Passes.” My tickets show up there, but there is no bar code for scanning like in the Disneyland version, so I don’t know what there is to scan. Maybe the barcode only shows up on the valid entry days?

Correct, tickets and names but no bar code there.

1 Like

I made a shortcut to the barcode image on my home screen through a google drive shortcut link. Quicker than finding it in my email.

1 Like

Finished up ADR’s this morning. Got everything I wanted, except the latest RC available was 4:15. I think we’ll chance it on the day of and try to get in later with the Landry’s Card. Also, made a reservation for Toothsome dinner at UOR.

I noticed where we have the hotel booking, that the rates were lower than when I had originally booked. So I called last week and they were able to re-book us, saved $280.

2 Likes

Try calling the Rainforest Cafe directly. I was able.to get a res time directly that was not available through MDE. That was a number of years ago so it might not work these days but probably worth a phone call.

I wondered that, maybe I’ll give it a try. Thanks

Called and was able to get their latest time…4:45! :+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

I’ve been a little hesitant to get too excited for our upcoming trip for a while now. And the reason being, if one of us got covid shortly before our trip, it would basically be cancelled since I can’t reschedule anytime soon.

Well, DD (pos. test), DW (pos. test) and I all got the nasty covids this past week (DS says he got it too but sure didn’t seem like it). I am actually very relieved to just be done with it and not worry about it. And more good news, DW can get a quick test at MCO prior to our return flight so she can go back to work the next day and not quarantine!

3 Likes

OMG! Here’s to a quick recovery!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you all have COVID-19 but I confess I felt the same relief about my late January trip when I tested positive in December.

I felt really awful for two full weeks. I hope you and your wife have milder cases!

3 Likes

Yes it is mild, very thankful. I hope you are back to 100%!

Not 100% but at least 90% so I won’t complain. Much!

3 Likes

Hoping you and your family are back to yourselves soon! Is that MCO quick test one with the possibility of still showing positive up to 90 days later? Hope that’s not the case. That would be bad to pay for that and still not have it be useful in helping your wife avoid quarantine.

1 Like

I do know the Antigen quick test is less sensitive, so if you do get a positive it is usually not wrong.

Remember those RARE super spreaders that are contagious for a couple months? Maybe someone like that would be the case where it’s a false positive?

I’ll just tell DW to clean here nose out with Clorox beforehand! :rofl:

Seriously though, shouldn’t it mean something to show the health tech positive results from 6 weeks ago?