Trip Planning Re-adjustment

IKR? It wasn’t very long ago that I learned this myself.

1 Like

I can understand that. Such a pain for you to deal with. Luckily my kids are older.

nope, not at all. I love being able to just play it by ear and relax. Last big family trip (2018) my SIL was an bugger about the plans and it caused problems. My DH and DS have seen the benefits and love it, but if it’s not necessary then we just get to be spontaneous and playful. It’s much more relaxing day at the park.

1 Like

Ugh, I soooo want to just go! I’m in the middle of reading your trip report now, and it sounds so fantastic! We would be flying and using Disney transportation, which I am sure is as safe as it can be, but still factors into my concerns. My 62yo DM (with asthma) still wants to go Sept, not that I think that is a wise choice. And I just can’t convince my 2yo son to try a mask at home, not even gator-style (which I know isn’t Disney acceptable)! We may be able to get away with no mask for him at Disney since he is on the age border, but then that makes him more susceptible to catching it and then us all more susceptible to catching it. He turn 3 end of Oct and my 2yo DNephew turns 3 Dec, so waiting will cost us tickets for them. I REALLY appreciate your advice though and will begrudgingly continue to try to get my son in a mask for the next couple weeks! Bribing with a cupcake didn’t even work!

Also, there are 2 young girls in our group really wanting princess meet and greets, character meals, and bippidi boppidi boutique. I could do without, but I’m not sure my niece can’t!

3 Likes

I can’t bare the thought of waiting that long to go! …But good to know its an option, thanks.

2 Likes

Which makes forcing children to wear masks that much more of an abomination. They are trusting that the adults are telling them to do the right thing which is very much up for debate.

2 Likes

Well there is one thing I can do while I’m bored, not being able to do much planning yet. Just bought Universal tickets while the promotion is still in place!

1 Like

I keep putting off buying universal tickets. I think I’m going to go w/ the 15 for 12 month AP deal though cuz they won’t start counting until activated and I can wait to activate for a year… I have until September 30th to buy.

Ok. I am making only one trip so I got the buy 2 get 2. This deal also ends Sept 30.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, I’m sure it was unintentional but it was really making me cringe seeing it quoted over and over.

3 Likes

Well, finally time to get serious with the planning. ADR’s start tomorrow. When we stayed off site 3 years ago, there was little options for ADR’s and times I wanted. Things are completely different now and I am hopeful to get everything I want.

We don’t really need to park hop this trip, so I don’t need to worry about adding that. Touring plans are mostly finished. We were really looking forward to doing the Caring for Giants special tour, but oh well. The shorter hours and no fireworks do not bother us at all.

The family is used to wearing masks, but I only do about a half hour per week. So I really need to get practicing on this. :confused::mask:

4 Likes

Good luck!

What are you aiming for?

AK:
Yak and Yeti early lunch
Rainforest Café dinner
HS day 1:
Ale & Compass breakfast
Oga’s light lunch
Sci-Fi dinner
DS:
Homecomin’ dinner
Epcot:
probably QS (I would book Space 220 if open)
HS day 2:
Trattoria breakfast
50’s Prime dessert lunch

1 Like

Solid choices right there, sir

Proud to have gained your approval. :wink:

Haha! As if it means anything! What matters is that YOU are happy with them!

Or more importantly the whole family! Kids aren’t too fussy. DW lets me plan so I felt the need to give her one choice, Homecomin’ or T-Rex.

2 Likes

We always let each person pick one spot for dinner. Sometimes two depending on the trip - and if two then it has to be one favorite and one new one. That way we know everyone has at least one dinner they are excited about.

1 Like

I like that idea. Since we are a little new in the game and we could hardly get any ADR’s the last trip, I go by what the liners prefer. (and that doesn’t break the bank!)

1 Like

Oga’s would be a VERY light lunch, since the only food items on the menu are two listed as snacks. You can see photos of them on Disney Food Blog. But, you do have breakfast and supper to get you through the day.