Trio booked--now help with TP

I booked a trip to UO for Memorial Day weekend–arriving Thurs morning (probably can be at the park by noon), departing Sun afternoon. Staying at Royal Pacific so we’re all covered with Express Passes. Now, I need help with the Touring Plans.

We’re interested in all things Harry Potter, Minions, Bourne. Travelling with teens, so not doing a lot of kiddie things. How do you recommend I tackle the Touring Plans?

Thank you!

2 Likes

The best thing about UOR is how “manageable” it is versus WDW. With Express Pass (UXP) you’ll most likely not even “need” a touring plan. Your wait will be less than 50% of the posted times - often 33%!

I always tell first time visitors to go to Diagon Alley before Hogsmeade. Hogsmeade has the better rides, but DA is just incredibly immersive and fun. Every shop is decked out and crazy! My favorite WWOHP shows are over here too!

Just like any other place prioritize your “must - do” stuff and go from there!

My own personal Top 3 “must-do” things in each park

USF

1. Diagon Alley (everything! = ride/shows/food)
  2. The Bourne Stuntactular
  3. Revenge of the Mummy

IOA

1. Both rides in Hogsmeade. (Hagrid’s may be the best coaster/ride in Orlando!)
  2. Jurassic Park - Both rides & the Raptor Encounter. (If I had to pick only one thing from JP - I’ll always do the River Adventure!)
  3. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Honorable Mentions

USF = Men In Black: Alien Attack
IOA = Seuss Landing (it’s very cute & I adore those books)

2 Likes

Should I go to Dragon Alley the first day of my trip? I should be at the park by noon or so and is on Thursday. Or should I wait to wake up early the next day?

1 Like

If it was my first time I would go to DA first and stroll around. USF has more shows than IOA I might consider seeing one of those as you enter to get into a “fun” vibe.

2 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Express Pass means no need for a touring plan.
Just do what you want to do when you want to do it.

The only exception is Hagrids because it only has a standby line and no express option.

For that you either want to rope drop, park close or hope to find that sweet spot around half 10/11.

Have fun!

3 Likes

Exactly!! It’s going to be busy, but you’ll be ok!

If WDW sold Lightning Lanes for $250 per person / per day then those queues wouldn’t be as long either! :rofl:

3 Likes

You’ve come to the right place.

• WWOHP Scavenger Hunt
UOR Wizarding World of Harry Potter Scavenger Hunt

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - London

1. Dial MAGIC (62442) from inside the red phone booth in the London Waterfront. Why is the Ministry of Magic elevator not working?

Answer:

2. Ask the Knight Bus Conductor, “Did you hear any rumors about Voldemort?” What is the response?

Answer:

3. Looking through the back window of the Knight bus, what do you see inside?

Answer:

4. Take a picture of Kreacher the House Elf (Hint: he lives in 12 Grimmauld Place)

5. Ask the train conductor at the entrance of King’s Cross Station, “How do you find Platform 9¾?” What is the response?

Answer:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley

6. What can you hear inside the vanishing cabinet in the Borgin and Burkes store inside Knockturn Alley?

Answer:

7. Get a photo of the dragon breathing fire over Gringotts Bank in Diagon Alley.

8. What is under the top hat in the storefront of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes?

Answer:

9. In Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, what is Professor Umbridge doing on a high wire?

Answer:

10. Inside Gringotts Money Exchange, ask the goblin: “Do you know Harry Potter?” What’s his response?

Answer:

11. How many goblins are in Gringotts Bank?

Answer:

12. Stand under the Leaky Cauldron sign showing a witch stirring a cauldron. What happens?

Answer:

13. What is the name of the Travel Agency?

Answer:

14. Inside the Fountain of Fair Fortune, find a Deathly Hallows symbol and take a picture of it.

15. What’s the name of Ron Weasley’s favorite Quidditch team, found inside Quality Quidditch Supplies.

Answer:

16. What’s the name of the writing supplies store located inside Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment?

Answer:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade

17. Listen to the door for the Potions Classroom when in line for the Forbidden Journey. What do you hear?

Answer:

18. Go in the alley between Three Broomsticks and Honeydukes. What is happening in the windows of Three Broomsticks?

Answer:

UOR WWOHP Scavenger Hunt Answer Key

Universal Studios Florida

1. (could be various answers)

3. Beds

4. (window across from the taxi hut)

5. He will act like you’re crazy

6. A bird

7. (fire comes on the 10’s unless it’s too windy)

8. A rabbit

9. Riding on a unicycle

10. I don’t concern myself with the whereabouts of the bank’s customers no matter how famous they may be

11. 10

12. It leaks water

13. Globus Mundi

14. It’s on the mirror(s) with the fountains

15. Chudley Cannons

16. Scribbulus

Islands of Adventure

17. You can hear a teacher lecturing

18. The dishes are washing themselves

• WWOHP Maps

Diagon Alley Map.pdf (5.9 MB)
Hogsmeade Map.pdf (6.4 MB)

Diagon Alley Hidden Wand Locations

These are not on the provided map nor are they marked with the circle in the ground.

Hidden wand spot 1: Between Shutterbuttons and Florean Fortescue’s, under the 2nd “s” in ‘Slug & Jiggers’. Make a triangle. Lean in to smell the brimstone it sprays at you.

Hidden wand spot 2: In the corner between Wiseacres and the Money exchange in the window with the ink jar. Make a triangle and then look for the invisible ink.

Also, Important Info for Newbies:

Locker Use at Attractions - (Important)
  • If you have a bag, locker use is required at certain attractions. Small lockers are free but large lockers (regular size backpack) are not free.

• These types of bags will fit into the small lockers: Mini backpack, drawstring bag, or sling bag.

• Near an attraction entrance, find the locker bank, scan your ticket, and look for a locker to pop open.

• These attractions you may not take any type of bag or purse on:

• USF:Revenge of the Mummy, Escape from Gringotts, Men in Black Alien Attack
    • IOA: Forbidden Journey, Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure
    • Cargo pants pockets that can be closed and fanny packs (3-prong closure) are permitted for holding items.
    • You may see a “No Loose Items” sign. It is not enforced, you can still take your phone, etc.
  • These attractions you may not take a bag or any loose items on:

• USF: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
    • IOA: Incredible Hulk Coaster, Jurassic World VelociCoaster* (*lockers are inside queue)
    • No phones, coins, wallets, etc. are allowed on (metal detectors used)
  • NOTE: You must take your ticket with you on the attraction, so you can retrieve your belongings afterward.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I agree with the above, on your first day start with Diagon Alley at US and take the train over to Hosgmead after. It’s magical :heart_eyes:

Don’t miss the stage shows in both Diagon Alley and Hogsmead. It’s a perfect time to get a specialty drink and relax for a few minutes while enjoying incredible entertainment. I love the Tale of the Beedle Bard in Diagon and Triwizard Rally at Hogsmead! Make sure to check your Universal app for accurate show times.

I would even suggest having dinner at Three Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron that first night.

Have the best time!!!

4 Likes