Travel times from Hotels to Parks/parks to hotels

Looking for Travel times by Hotel Bus to Parks & Park buses to hotels once you are on the bus?
How long is the ride once you are the bus? I am looking for the Grand floridian to/from AK and HS
We want to take midday breaks or arrive after 10 am. What is your experience?
Feel free to list: tips, best or worse time to travel, longest ride, How long have you waited for a bus? Also list other hotels and there options?

Scroll all the way to the bottom to see the times to each park!

1 Like

I always assume 20 minutes once on the bus. Could be a little shorter but rarely longer.

3 Likes

On the average?

About 20 minutes, give or take.

I kid you not.

If you’re close, you probably share with other resorts - and that will take about 20 minutes.

If you’re at one of the resorts with multiple bus stops, you probably don’t share, and it will take about 20 minutes to hit all the stops.

If you’re far, you probably have a dedicated bus that you dont’ share with - but that’s because you’re far and it will take you about 20 minutes.

My personal theory that has yet to be debunked, really, and so I’m sticking to it. I firmly believe that Disney has researched and found that guest tolerance for a bus ride has an upper limit of 20 minutes and so curtails their routes to walk right up to that limit and not (usually) go over.

1 Like

You get me :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the help! It is our 1st time staying inside the bubble

2 Likes

when someone ask my husband how far away something is in the same town or next town over it’s always 20 minutes.
So it’s good to know that the bus ride is usually 20 minutes! :rofl:

2 Likes

Its all base on the Golden Third (AKA rule of thirds) … 1/3 of an hour is (TaDa!) 20 minutes

Agreed that the actual time on the bus is probably 20 minutes. The time to walk from your room to the bus stop, wait for a bus, then walk from the bus to the security check and turnstiles however is much more fluid. No matter what we do it seems to take at least an hour to get anywhere.

2 Likes

My general rule of thumb is from park gate to room door (and vice versa) is to plan an hour.

Yes yes. Plan an hour for the whole trip. But the bus ride itself is about 20

Thank u! the information provide by all of you really helps

1 Like