Travel advice for the Asia parks

Hi friends!

My husband and I will be traveling in Asia and visiting the parks next month. We are almost all set, but I wanted to see if any of you have any advice to share about the parks or cities in general.

We will be in Hong Kong Disneyland for 2 days, Shanghai Disneyland for 2 days, and Tokyo DLR for 4 days. We will also be visiting the cities there, too.

We have been WDW and DLR passholders and know those parks well, but have no on-the-ground experience in the parks in Asia.

What are some Liner strategies for tackling these parks? What are the must see’s and must do’s? Any touring plan strategies? Any ideas for dealing with hauling souvenirs home? Favorite foods to try?

Really, I am interested in any information you would like to share about these parks.

Thanks!

1 Like

@HalfBludPrincess recently did all the Disney parks in one trip. I don’t know if she uses the forums but if she sees this I’m sure she would have good advice.

I remember that she had an awesome trip. I also PM’ed her, in hopes that she checks the forum.

1 Like

I’m sure there are other people but that was the only name that came to mind.

Wow, what an awesome trip. My wife and I are planning a similar trip but not for a couple of years. Would love to hear how you make out.

I recommend reading Disney Tourist Blog for info on the Asian parks. That’s who I read before we went to Tokyo Disney Sea and Hong Kong Disneyland a few years ago. Tokyo Disney Sea is the most visually stunning Park you can imagine. I remember being very impressed by the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride. Recommend visiting on a week day if at all possible.

1 Like

Thanks @jmc. I have scoured both the DTB and TDR Explorer sites. I always like to hear from liners’ experiences, too!

@galuchies_463555 - I will be posting pics and writing a trip report and will be happy to chat with you when you are planning your trip.

1 Like