Trattoria Al Forno or 1900 Park Fare

We will take the magical express to the yacht club on a Saturday morning and I’m debating between 1900 park fare and Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast around 11:30…we will be going to the magic kingdom afterward for the afternoon. DD will be 12 and 14 and still enjoy the character interactions, but don’t have any major preference as to characters at either place. We have had breakfast at 1900 before and loved it, but I have heard great things about Bon voyage…thoughts?

2 Likes

I vote for trying something new. We haven’t ever tried the breakfast at Trattoria, but I have it on my “to do on a future trip” list.

1 Like

I really enjoyed 1900 PF on our last trip, but I have Trattoria booked for our next trip for the first time and can’t wait! I’ve heard so many good things about it, and as @Gnatjo said, I am opting for places we haven’t been before. I think I also prefer that it isn’t a buffet, which I think makes it feel a little more relaxed and easier to enjoy the characters. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really liked 1900 PF breakfast too, but I agree with the others that you should try something new and go with Trattoria.

1 Like

We did Trattoria on our “only/first” trip. Meals were the only meet and greets for our DD11/DS9 and that went competently…they liked the food as well, especially the pre-meal skillet.

1 Like

We went to Trattoria Al Forno last Saturday and I think it was the best meal of our trip and maybe the best character meal I have ever done ( we have done Crystal Palace, Akershus, Tusker House, Mickey Backyard BBQ and Garden Grill, albeit many years ago). I loved the face characters, all who talk to you, the character couples interracted with each other (Flynn Ryder was hilarious), it isn’t a buffet, so you never worry about missing anyone… they did a parade for kids (we were 4 adults) and we all LOVED our breakfast items. Lovely pastries with a nod to Tangled, overall a fantastic meal!

1 Like

I would choose 1900 Park Fare dinner over Trattoria, but just comparing breakfasts, I’d choose Trattoria. (Haven’t done either, but that’s what I would choose.)

1 Like

TaF had the best breakfast I’ve had at WDW with great character interaction. I haven’t been to 1900 PF. There are benefits to 1900 since GF is on the monorail. Easier way to get to MK than From TaF.

1 Like

What time do you land?? Will you make an 11:30 reservation?

We are actually flying in the night before but set up a mock flight that would arrive at 8:30 am for the Magical Express…The Trattoria reservation is actually at 11:50 and we are staying at the airport, so I think it should be doable if we take and early Magical Express, right? I was thinking worst case we drop our bags at the yacht club before we check in and quickly head over there…but I’ve never been to that area so I’m not sure…thoughts?

1 Like

If you’re “arriving” at 8:30 you should be at resort at 10;30. You should make it without issue.

1 Like