Transportation with mobility scooter?

If not staying on property, what is the best way to transport a mobility scooter from a resort (with no shuttle service) to the parks? It looks like neither Uber nor Lyft has vehicles equipped for this available in the Orlando area (which I really don’t understand). TIA for any suggestions/recommendations.

@SirGreggLadyV I asked @wegoshopgirl to post here because I was hoping you could help.

1 Like

If you get a mobility scooter that comes apart into pieces, you can request an XL Lyft, and they should be able to accommodate you. However, if you get one that doesn’t, then, I’m afraid you will have issues. Mears Taxi supposedly has taxis that accommodate scooters. However, the one time I tried to get one, they never showed up and I was stranded at Epcot until transportation got approval to take me to my resort. . . . at 2 in the morning.

To be honest, it was a huge mistake for me to stay off-site with an ECV, especially since I was traveling solo. I stayed at B Resort and Spa and rode my ECV to Saratoga Springs (next to Disney Springs) to get to the parks and I went home the same way. I will never do it again. If my ECV could’ve been taken apart (like some of the smaller ones can), it would have been doable with Lyft. (Lyft allows you to turn on that you have a mobility device, for things that come apart or are foldable).

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me and the advice. I’m sorry you had those problems on your visit. It just seems ridiculous to me that a company hasn’t jumped on this opportunity to make money (picking up with scooters!) by now. It seems like it would be a pretty frequent need in the area with so much walking required in Disney.
Oh well, again I’m sorry you went thru that, and I’m sure we will take your advice and stay on property like we usually do. Thank you.
Wegoshopgirl (Tish)

1 Like

Thanks again @PrincipalTinker :smile:

1 Like

I agree. But then again, the fact that Disney has transportation on property probably makes it less of a cash cow.

2 Likes

Very true! I will just have to convince myself that it is a “perk” that Disney is still giving us for paying more…never knew how valuable that actually was until I started researching for offsite with this trip. It’s our first since Covid, and since they took most perks away.

2 Likes