Transportation help needed

We have ADR for Cape May at 7:30 on Nov 23. We will be at HS that day and plan to take boat over to BC. Question - HS closes at 9 that evening. Will we have enough time to boat back over to HS to take a bus back to Poly or what are the other options to get us back to our resort? Driving is not an option for our party of 11 with one ECV. Thank you for your help!

I don’t know if there would be time to get over before the buses stopped running.

It would take longer, but you could take the bus to Disney Springs and then the bus from there to the Poly. Or if MK is open later, take a bus to MK and monorail from there to the Poly.

Minnie Vans would be another option, but they cost money and you would need multiple ones - and I think the ones that can accommodate an ECV are limited.

1 Like

Buses should continue for an hour past closing so I think you would be fine.

2 Likes

Park closing is 9PM but it looks like there is a holiday fireworks show at 9:30PM at HS that night. Probably means the buses will run even later?

1 Like

Yes, plus there would always be CMs atvthe bus stop waiting to call a bus for anyone with a late ADR.

2 Likes

I just noticed that MK is open until 10 that night so we will bus there if HS closes before we are ready to leave the BC area. We have never visited that resort and don’t want to feel rushed. As usual, thank you all for your help!

1 Like

Take the bus back to MK from Cape May and then take boat from MK to Poly.

1 Like

Most boats do not take ECV only the real big ones like the ferry to and from MK and only one of the boats that goes to FW and MK.
I know first hand that the boat that goes from MK to Poly does not take ECVs. I was stopped before we even got in line for the boat.

1 Like

Oh no! Now we will have to re-think this outing!

You can take the monorail from MK to Poly with an ECV. Just not the boat.

2 Likes

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx
You can use this to help but every time I post this to help, someone always has a comment that some of the stops that you can pick don’t exists. Simple thing could be take a bus to DS and then to poly.
I was told that people with ECVs and wheelchairs and their entire part get to load the bus first. This was true for us in June but it was just DD, DW(with ECV) and me(with ECV). They load the ECV first all busses can take 2 ECVs. We found it was easy to get around DW using the busses and monorail. The only real problem we had was trying to get to the Poly for our SOA ADR. I asked and was told to take the bus to MK and then the boat to Poly, but as I found out the boats don’t take ECVs. We had to turn around and take the monorail to the Poly.

1 Like

The boat puts you in front of HS where the buses pick up so if you can’t get in you can still get the bus. If you have hoppers, walk into Epcot which is about a quarter mile walk from the beach club. When all else fails taxi, uber or bus to Disney Springs and then bus to Poly.

2 Likes

In addition to the resort monorail you can also take the Ferry (or direct monorail) to the TTC which is a short walk to the Poly. We often just walked to the TTC when we stayed at the Poly for transportation. But all of those options are ECV friendly.

If you have seafood fans, Cape May is excellent and worth the visit. And it appears the Friendship boats to get to BC are ECV friendly - I don’t recall seeing one on them during our visit which gave me pause, but they list as ECV accessible…

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions and encouragement! Several in our party love seafood so I think we will give it a try!

1 Like