Transportation from WDW to/from Universal

We want to spend 2 or 3 days at Universal, What is the best way to get there and back from WDW resorts?
In particular from the Art of animation.

We rented a car for our entire stay - that way we were able to pick up groceries on the way to WDW, easily went over to UOR, and also didn’t have to rely on WDW transportation unless we wanted to.

I was going to rent a car - but ended up using a car service instead. I think the car service was less expensive and it was AWESOME to not have to drive. I don’t mind driving etc - but it was nice to just sit back and let someone else worry about it - especially after a long flight. We used Destination MCO and they were awesome!! Also depending on what hotel you stay at while a Universal - they have cars on site - and we just had to give them two minutes prep. If you are staying at Universal - I HIGHLY recommend staying at a delux so you can get the Ex Pass - very much worth it and you won’t have to PLAN!!!

We’re going to be going to USO from WDW area for some of our stay, and we’re planning to use Uber or Lyft for getting around, from airport and back, and to USO on those days.

We travelled from aoa to universal and back today and used the mears taxis that are at the resort and park entrance. With 4 of us it came to 10 dollars each, each way which we thought was reasonable. It’s about a 15/20 minute drive

How many people? Uber would be really cheap. Their Fare Estimator says it will cost you $13-18 for UberX (up to 4 people) or $24-31 for UberXL (up to 6 people).

If you’ve never used Uber before, you can use this code to save up to $25 off your first ride. Just enter in the Promotions tab of the app before you order your first car: n4rcz1pkue

Lyft also operates there. Their estimator says $14 for Lyft (up to 4 people) or $25 for Plus (up to 6 people). You can use this code to get up to $50 in ride credits if you are a new Lyft rider: AWFB2016

you have been helpful. I will try these sites. And I will definitely use the ‘first time’ promo.

1 Like