Transportation from airport to Anaheim

Hello!
I know this has been asked before I but I have not been to DLR since 2017 and I am wondering what transportation options are available from LAX now. We are 2 adults and a 16 year old. We do not want to rent. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Likes

We prefer to just use a ride share. There are also private car services but ride shares are better to be because you don’t have to plan ahead of time as much

2 Likes

Calling @Jeff_AZ and @mathhound for this question. Can’t think who else to call :rofl:

1 Like

:blush: Not sure if this is the right airport but Ive been meaning to share this

4 Likes

It’s the closest airport to DLR, but not LAX…

3 Likes

@Bubblez has used a car service relatively recently. Can’t remember which one. A car service is especially helpful for LAX to DLR because ride share pickup at LAX is a short walk or shuttle ride from the terminal at what’s called “LAX-It”. It’s really close if you are Southwest but otherwise it can be a hike from other airlines.

Ride share from DLR to LAX is easy and they can drop you off directly at your airline curb.

So I would recommend either doing ride share both ways or car service from LAX and ride share back. If you’re going to use the car service one way, price out the difference with an Uber and see if it’s worth it to you to just book a round trip.

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff_AZ

And Happy Father’s Day!! :tada::partying_face:

I’ll only use, and recommended to others who’ve also loved, Executive Car Service.

On time, great communication, great for our budget. Amazing all around.

2 Likes

SNA is John Wayne down in Irvine. That’s my personal favorite airport to fly into when I’m DLR bound.

2 Likes

I thought rideshare was surprisingly affordable from LAX. For us, only $25 more than what I would expect to pay from SNA.

4 Likes

This is who we used in October. They were outstanding. I was never able to get a response from the company @Bubblez recommended.

I found them via Yelp!

5 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions

1 Like

How long does this take compared to a direct uber?

At wdw, they’ve got Mearsconnect bus but you’re usually adding about an extra hour on to the typical half an hour because it’s a shared ride.

1 Like

Southwest has made a change to my flight to/from LAX. I now have an opportunity to change it - looks like I can potentially change it to another airport at no added cost. Would it be better to fly into/out of SNA? The nonstop there gets in later in the day, but the nonstop return is early in the morning, so I’d probably opt for a later option (kiddos do not like getting up early).

1 Like

We usually fly into Long Beach and really enjoy that airport if available. We flew into LAX our last trip and it was a pain trying to get out of the airport. Lots of traffic at the passenger pickup area. I would suggest moving if possible but don’t have experience with SNA.

1 Like

SNA is much closer to DL than LAX, and is much smaller (not as small as LGB) so easier to get around. Depending on how much later you’d get in, and whether you planned on going into the parks on arrival day, I’d switch to SNA.

1 Like