TransPacific Repositioning Cruises 2023/24

I am fairly swooning over these and wish I thought I would be able to do one of them

Maybe they will become a regular thing, repositioning with the seasons?

I mean look at the ports of call! :heart_eyes: They read off like the list of longhouses at the Poly!!!

6 Likes

The prices really aren’t bad…

For the number of nights they are doing, absolutely not bad at all. $319/nt pp for the one I’d want to do (the 15nt of course - like you expected anything else)

1 Like

repositioning cruises historically have some of the best price-pre-day rates.
I was |—| close to booking one in 2014, but my mom and sister had cold feet.
I will always kick myself.

3 Likes

I would so love to do that 15 day cruise also! But not sure where I’d get 2 weeks off at a time to do the cruise, along with time in Sydney before the cruise! If I could somehow finagle a month off (and uh, saving between now and then) I’d do it in a heartbeat…

1 Like

And if you are like me and are putting four people in a room and are willing to do inside, the costs per person get even better. Guests 3 and 4 are typically very low cost.

2 Likes

If next February’s cruise goes well, that Sydney to Honolulu in Feb 2024 looks like a dream come true.

1 Like

No. Not for a 15 day. Veranda. Just me and one other person (not sure DH could handle that long a trip)

And then yes also, @tiggerpal , time in Sydney before means a month off work.

1 Like

It does doesn’t it?? That’s the one I would do.

Sigh.

I dream of a TA that stops by PEI and Greenland. Those have been a thing :heart:

I spend so little time in my stateroom. I’d do steerage. :wink:

2 Likes

That looks like an awesome cruise but I’m not sure if a transPacific cruise is the best way for me to do my first cruise. I’m kind of terrified of open ocean. Even on a plane I occasionally get mild panic attacks when I realize what’s (not) beneath me.

3 Likes

Because hurdling into pavement or cities is a lot better. :fist_left:

2 Likes

It’s all irrational fears, of course. Like claustrophobia, etc. It’s just a primal recognition of the insignificance of our existence in the vastness of space - in this case, in relation to the ocean.

5 Likes

I love when the ship is far enough out that every direction is nothing but water.
And it’s also fun to see another ship’s lights on the horizon at night.

3 Likes

Def not :rofl:

1 Like

This. When there’s nothing but blue waters between me and the horizon. Sublime.

2 Likes

are you not always aware of insignificance?

Dust in the Wind

Or so I’ve heard

4 Likes

When I’m surrounded by people and civilization, such insignificance is a comfort. When I’m in the middle of an unforgiving natural world … not so much. :rofl:

Good answer
Good answer

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Do you know that is my absolute favorite song ever? Of all time.

It gives me absolute goosebumps every time I hear it.

Interestingly there’s another song I became kind of obsessed about a few years back. It was featured in the film The Judge and has this cadence and rhythm I couldn’t shake. Like a train rolling down the tracks. It’s by Bon Iver, a song called Holocene.

One day as I tend to do, I heard Holocene on my way to work and just had to look it up for it’s meaning. I found it in an article in Rolling Stone in which the band was interviewed. In describing its meaning of he band made reference to an oldie but a goodie, citing them as similar in theming and musicality and cadence and such.

That song? Dust In the Wind. :exploding_head:when I read that! And a whole other sense of goosebumps.

The two songs now follow one another in several playlists of mine.

3 Likes