TP worked like a charm yesterday

I’m going to try to do a more extensive trip report when I get home, because I love reading other people’s so much, but I want to drop by to say a big thank you!
Yesterday was our first full day in the parks this trip. I’ve used the Unofficial Guide for my WDW trips since my first one as an adult in 2004 (I think?). I’ve always loved planning them. This one was different. While not our first trip since my diagnosis with cancer, it is my first trip since my anxiety has gotten so bad. Trip planning has become less enjoyable and a source of anxiety instead of fun. That’s where you guys came in. You were my sounding board, helping me to decide things when my anxiety wouldn’t let me decide. All this to say, we had such a magical day yesterday. We were ahead of the crowds all day, hardly waited in any lines, but never felt rushed as we moved from one attraction to another. Really a perfect day. Thanks for the advice about place to watch the fireworks within the HEA viewing area, never felt crowded there either (back fence all the way!). My family, who have made fun of my diligent planning just kept saying thank you and noticing how lines would jump immediately after we’d get off the ride. As I said, TP worked like a charm!
Also, we scored with room finder fax and have a “standard view” at the Wilderness Lodge that also has a view of the MK fireworks. I may have jumped up and down for joy. I hadn’t told anyone else this possibility because I didn’t want DD10’s hopes up. I’ll add a couple pictures so far.

37 Likes

So happy to read you’ve had a lovely time! Makes my heart smile to read posts like yours!

5 Likes

Also, re-reading your thread title, my 12yo self is giggling. I hope it works like a charm every day, and as often as you need it to.

4 Likes

That looks like the perfect day! Thanks for letting us know that TP worked so well. Do you know the crowd level yesterday? If I remember, this was supposed to be a very busy time. How did it feel compared to predicted? And did you utilize same day FP with success?

1 Like

So great!!! I’m so happy for you!!! That’s how it was for us also😀

1 Like

I’m so happy for you!

1 Like

Awesome! Standard view WL for the win. And if that’s the smoke house I see in your picture, another added bonus to the fireworks view is that it smells like ribs all day long out on the balcony. :yum:

1 Like

Did I just see a picture of one of Snow White’s dwarves chugging a bottle of wine ??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

So happy for you. Glad it worked so well

1 Like

Sounds like a great day and the best part is that they thanked you. It’s so stressful planning, but if the family is appreciative, it is worth it!

4 Likes

Bahahaha! :joy: didn’t realize my play on words!

1 Like

I believe it was a crowd level 8, predicted and actual. It felt very crowded! There have been no good 4th fastpasses left, although I took advantage of 4th FPs viewing for Illuminations and ROL. We had HEA dessert party and have the dessert box seating for Fantasmic! tonight.

Why yes it is! (Actually the water bottles, but he was definitely joking around! It’s a fun meal!)

May I ask what HEA stands for? I looked thru the abbreviations but it wasn’t listed. Thank you so much

Happily Ever After (magic kingdom fireworks)

thank you

1 Like

So you recommend staying at the back of the fence for the garden plaza view?

Yes! It was great. Less crowded probably? And slightly less obstructed of a view. First heard of this when I read ProfMatt’s trip reports. I believe the advice began with @OBNurseNH? At any rate, it’s a Touring Plans secret spot for sure.

1 Like

Oh is this the spot that’s between Casey’s and Crystal Palace, in front of the Baby Care center??? I do love that spot! Your photo made me think you were in a dessert party. If so, THAT info came from @PrincipalTinker

2 Likes

My mistake! @PrincipalTinker’s spot was amazing! I struggle with crowds (I know, what was I thinking, WDW over spring break?) and the dessert party was worth the money for me to be able to enjoy HEA!

2 Likes