TP: Updated Epcot FP Tiers!

Hi! Since the Frozen ride is now set to be in motion in a week, would you mind updating the Epcot FP Tiers on your site? I believe that the Frozen ride in Epcot is a Tier 1, and that others have been shuffled to a minor degree. Also, HS has the Frozen show as a Tiered show, too–I think Tier II, but I’m not sure. Please include this info on your site!!!

Redirecting for @len

Are Frozen, Soarin’ and TT still all set to be tier 1 as I understand?

Yes, that’s my understanding too.

What about Mission Space? Is it going back down to tier 2?

That was my understanding. TT, soarin, and FEA are tier 1 and mission space went back to tier 2.

Yes, definitely. Within the next couple of days. We were waiting until it got a little closer to the cutover, just in case one of the attractions was delayed opening.

1 Like

Hi Len. I have a related question. I know with all of the new openings, crowd predictions are difficult. That being said, we chose to visit Epcot on Sat, 6/25, in part because the crowd level is predicted to be a “4”. I finalized our TP’s about a month ago, and wait times were reasonable. For example, we planned to ride Soarin’ standby at 8:30 PM, when everyone is getting positioned for Illuminations. At that time, TP predicted wait time to be 29 mins. I just re-evaluated the TP a week ago, and wait time jumped to 80mins. I also noticed that all of our “walk times” have increased in all of our TP’s. I have not received any crowd calendar updates. Is this due to a huge increase in predicted crowd levels?

I’m wondering if this blog post will help clarify for you?

2 Likes

We’ve adjusted the walking times for the slowest walking speed, based on feedback that the old value wasn’t quite slow enough.

I’ll ask @fred to weigh in on the wait time changes. I know we were updating models over the past couple of weeks for some of the key rides.

1 Like

This is very interesting. Do you use an actual speed, or is it more of a recorded timing thing?

The assumption for the slowest speed is that it’s less than 2 miles per hour, IIRC. (Average is 3.1 mph.)

1 Like

I’m still seeing the wrong attractions in the tier groups. I currently have FP reservations for both Mission Space and Frozen Even After, so I know this list can’t be right:
In this group:
Eat to the Beat Concert Series
Frozen Ever After
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Mission: SPACE Green
Mission: SPACE Orange
Soarin’
Test Track

Mission: SPACE is a tier 2. They have it wrong on some pages, I think.

Is Living with Land still tier 1?

No, it’s tier 2. I have a FP+ for Living With The Land the same day I have one for Frozen Ever After.

1 Like

That’s nice, I will go back and adjust my TP. Thank you

Hmmmm…which page is this on, @Jpwest? I’ll update it today.

1 Like

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass says that Living With The Land is Group A.

It’s in the Personalized Touring Plans.