TP & Kenny Crowed Levels discrepancy

Narrowing in on my park days and getting ready for FPP selection day and I noticed that Kenny the Pirate has a day that TP lists as a crowd level 4 (the lowest during my stay) as a Worst park day. Any idea why that could be? I’m looking specifically at 4/17 for AK. I had planned on doing AK on Monday (4/16) and MK on Tuesday 4/17 but now think I may switch it. Even though I know Monday’s are bad at MK but it gives us more hours since my kids are 4 and 7.

1 Like

Not really sure how KtP determines his crowd levels and Best/Worst recommendations, so it would be difficult to say why there is a difference. I guess I trust TP’s predictions over any other service, in that they are the most transparent about how they do their predictions and they review how they did each day.

2 Likes

AK is listed as worst park on KTP due to EMH on 4/16. He always lists EMH days as worst. Not sure about 4/17. Crowds have changed since FOP opened. Go with what you think will work best for you and your kids and have a good plan in place.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer but we are going that week too. :slight_smile:
We just decided to switch our AK day to later in the week given our travel agent’s “you do what you want but EMH days are nuts” lecture and - in particular - trying to boost our odds of a FOP FP+ if we do later in the week.

Little Nervous too about MK on a Monday but TP has it rated only one point worse that day vs most others that week I think.

1 Like

Also remember that having a good TP is more important than CL. Without a good plan even a low crowd day could be unproductive.

3 Likes

Exactly. I planned a trip where most days were supposed to be 4-5. I followed the plans to a T and everything went great. When I came back, I double checked and the crowds were estimated to 7-8! And we did not even notice. Follow the plans!

3 Likes

I just get a little nervous since the only time we’ve been to WDW is on crowd 2 days so this will be a big bump up for us. I just think more time in MK may be worth it. Granted, we don’t do late nights b/c of the kids, but a 6pm close time cuts us a bit short. We usually can hang until 8, especially if we go back to the hotel and take a 1.5 or so break (staying on monorail)