TP for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Here is my TP for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
We are 2 adults traveling with a toddler girl. She’s only 2 so she doesn’t care about trick or treating yet, but she does love music and dancing so we had to include 2 dance parties. And yes, she is a night owl so if mom and dad are up til midnight partying, she will be right there with us bouncing off the walls!

Please evaluate.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3885628

If you get a good spot for that 8:20 Hocus Pocus show, I would just stay in the area for the duration: show, parade, fireworks?

1 Like

MK has been overselling MNSSHP this year + added unlimited “season pass”. The crowds have been higher than ever. The idea that you are supposed to get access to limited crowds / lower queues has been tossed out the window in 2019.

Last night, for example, it was reported that the CLs were almost as bad as Christmas Day / New Years. Queue waits were running as long as 1 hour for rides and 3+ for character meetings. Guest Services was swamped with people waiting to complain as they exited. Granted this was on a Friday night. Not sure which date you are attending, but be prepared as it gets even busier the closer it gets to Halloween.

(Source - Defunctland Podcast / Twitter Feed)

The last update to Touring Plans system was 10/4/19 and I don’t think they’ve done another reflecting the 2019 crowds that WDW has been overselling.

This is a picture of MNSSHP 2019.

1 Like

Some of them have not been so crowded, but Friday night- yep. Those extra passes should have come with the added stipulation that if any party sold out in advance they could not be used. They already cannot come in on Halloween, so there will be less people there that night than on other sell out nights where people with the all party pass could come.

ETA- they made it extremely hard to predict what the crowd would be like for any party. It was said that they got worried when the first party did not sell out, so they tried to make up the difference. Bad call.

2 Likes

Yup. That’s the plan! :grin:

1 Like

We’re going on the 29th, which is a Tuesday. It is pretty close to Halloween, but hopefully won’t be as crowded as a Friday. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So those aren’t your notes about the parade?

No. Those were prefilled by TP.com.

I didn’t know that the pass couldn’t be used on Halloween. That makes me rather happy. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

When I found out that this was the reason the parties had been so crowded I went looking for any information about it, and any hint that they might also do it for Christmas- which I still don’t know, but since I know that the first MVMCP is already sold out I hope they won”t. All I could find, of course, was the info for the one they did for MNSSHP. I have my fingers crossed they are as aware of the fact that it was a bad idea as we are.

1 Like

Wow, you changed!

2 Likes

I feel much better about Halloween now thanks to you!
Hope the info you need about the Christmas party becomes available.

2 Likes

I am going to the third one, on Tuesday night, and the first one is already sold out. Hopefully that all limits the numbers a little bit. However, watching what has happened with Halloween has helped me lower my expectations. as long as i can do all the special rides and the fireworks really prove to be watchable from most of the park it is all great.with 5 hours that should be possible. anything else is extra icing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d be interested in hearing what recourse those folks who complained to guest services got.

1 Like

Hey! We were at the party on 21st October (last Monday) and didn’t find it too crowded. We certainly managed loads of trick or treating (the spots are near rides and things, quite often in exit queues - loads in MILF!) as well as the two shows, parade, all party-overlay rides plus SplM, BTM and HM, and left right after the second parade - the last one of these was using an anytime FPP from earlier in the day though.

Plan is at J&A MNSSHP if useful - not that we followed it very closely! Pics attached for reference, although they don’t show much!

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything specific. If I had to imagine it’s a couple Anytime FPP per person like they do with most complaints.

1 Like

That’s pretty much my attitude about the Halloween party–we want to do the rides with overlays and see the fireworks and parade. Oh and my DS wants to trick or treat. But we don’t expect to do much else.