Toy Story Parking Lot buses & ECVs

I’ve seen different reports about the ability to use an ECV on the Toy Story parking lot buses. Our family is considering staying at the Homewood Suites & using the Toy Story Lot buses as pedestrians & rent an ECV(scooter). Is it possible to get a scooter on one of their buses?

1 Like

Toy Story parking lot buses? Are those the charter buses (non-Disney)? In other words, all the buses from Swan/Dolphin/Reserve and off-site? I can’t speak to those specific buses, sorry.

The Toy Story lot is at Disneyland. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, the buses are able to take a scooter.

1 Like

Aaaah!! Silly me, I didn’t notice the grouping. (That teaches me to not just grab threads from the whole list, instead of the topic groups like WDW/DL/UOF.)

2 Likes

How easy is it to access the TS lot buses as a pedestrian?

You have to walk into the parking lot quite a ways from Harbor. There can be advantages to using those shuttles but I’m not sure you will like that walk late at night on your own.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m really struggling with deciding where to stay. The more affordable hotels I’m looking at are near the convention center and I know I can take the ART bus straight to and from the entrance from there, but walking to the TS lot is an option too. Most of the walkable (for me) hotels have exterior hallways and that makes me feel a little iffy about it.

2 Likes

I have stayed down by the Toy Story lot many times but never alone. It can be a lonely dark walk if it’s late.

2 Likes

I don’t like hotels with exterior hallways when I’m on my own. In November, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim Resort on S Manchester. It’s about 0.6 mile walk to the iHop crosswalk. It was less than 4 months old when I stayed in November. I will be staying there again at the end of this month.

2 Likes

This is good to know. I have looked at it multiple times, but have not heard anything about it. I will have to add this to the list!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing when I was there in November. We left at park close and and there were many others on the bus. Fortunately there were several walkers in the group and we made it a point to keep up with the pack so we were not alone, but solo would have been a bit spooky.

3 Likes

Knowing @LTinNC82 as I do (we met once for 5 minutes - :joy:), I think it would make her really uncomfortable. Barb, do you have any ideas for something closer with interior doors? Does the Howard Johnson’s have interior doors?

2 Likes

Not off of the top of my head. Everything I have stayed at that is close and not on property has exterior doors.

1 Like

That’s what I thought.

@LTinNC82 I have been to DL solo many, many times and always stay close by. I would rather have a very short walk surrounded by lots of people (but with exterior doors), than a long walk to somewhere with inside hallways and doors. I have never worried about the exterior door, since all the hotels have locks and safety bars. My go to is Grand Legacy, and if you stay in the front tower, it has the inside halls you are looking for. Their website is very clear on which rooms are in the front tower, they are the nicest of the rooms and the only inside hallways you will get close to the parks (except the Marriott with the water park between Fairfield Inn and the Ho Jo). Grand Legacy will be cheaper than there.

5 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I looked at Grand Legacy and it was around $230/night. I am such a cheapskate that I have a hard time just spending the money on lodging. Dining, tours, experiences, yeah, but hotels I’m like… Clarion will do.

You could always find something affordable further away and uber/Lyft or ART and make sure the ART stop is very close to your hotel.

1 Like

I get it, but at DL where being very close to the parks is important for safety (the amount of homeless on the street increases significantly when you cross the road between Grand Legacy and the Anaheim Hotel)….it is worth it to me to pay more to be closer. That said I just paid $167 a night to stay in their Premier rooms 12/8-12. You have to book early, but they always have good deals 6 months or so before your trip.

1 Like

LT - when are you going?

1 Like