Toy Story Mania at park open

I created a TP for 5/29/2016 (Memorial Day Weekend, CL 8/10) for HS with MEMH (which gets me in at 8am). I have Toy Story Mania as step one. It has us arriving at 8:05am with a wait of 35 minutes. Could this really be true? If I’m there at rope drop, and head straight there, are there really going to be 35 minutes wroth of people that beat me to the line?

I think the answer is that while TP assumes you are there at rope drop, it doesn’t presume you are at the front of the pack. Everyone entering the park is likely to be heading for TTM, the Aerosmith Coaster or Jedi sign up, so I imagine that on a CL8 day every extra minute you can arrive early will make a big difference.

2 Likes

@tate is 100% correct here - the software times are based on the “average guest” who makes RD and then stands there looking at a park map. Dedicated Liners who are at the front of the line for the tapstile, are “walking with intent” to the first attraction, and are willing to throw an elbow or two will most likely walk on to their first ride. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew there must have been a reason we didn’t walk right on to 7DMT…not enough intent, not enough elbows used…hypnotized by the Welcome Show… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was there last summer with a CL8 and at RD without EMH we did not wait 35 minutes. HS tends to open about 15-20 minutes early for regular RD so maybe get there a few minutes early but I think you’re more likely to wait 10-15 minutes. We rode it twice in an hour. Going for a 3rd would have been about an 80 minute wait. That’s all without EMH.

1 Like

I was there 2 weeks ago (crowd level 9). We got there at 8:30 for a park opening at 9am. They started letting people in at 8:45. Part of our group went immediately to Toy Story and rode with a 15 min wait. I took the boys to Jedi Training sign-up and by the time we made it to Toy Story at 9:15, the wait was posted at 45 min.

This sounds right if you are not right at the front. Last year we arrived just as they were opening the gates (about 8:45). By the time we got through and walked with purpose to Toy Story the wait was showing at 45 mins and actually took 50 minutes. Moral - either FPP it or be there at least 30-40 minutes before advertised rope drop.

1 Like