Tower of terror for 4 yr old

Good idea or bad idea?

DS4 went on it said he loved it, but every time I bring it up he says he doesn’t want to go on it again because of the storms. I don’t think it was the actual ride that scared him, but the walk leading up to the ride. DS8 did not like any part of it. I think it really depends on your child. You can show them a video on you tube of the ride and let them decide or if they start to walk through the ride and then get scared you can always exit before you get onto the elevators.

1 Like

We showed DS5 videos of the ride, asked him if he wanted to go, and he was into it all the way until just before boarding, then he freaked out.

1 Like

My 4.5 year old daughter did it and was fine. I echo what others have said in that my daughter was more afraid of the pre-drop special effects then the ride itself. This could be mollified by having your child view the ride on YouTube before the trip.

My son, we dragged on at age 6 and he is now 10 and I still have to bribe him to go on with the family!

1 Like

Great question! Terrible idea! :smile:
I think I know why you’re considering this. Your child meets the height requirement. Resist the temptation. My DD had just turned 4 when she met the height requirement so I thought it would be ok. So naive…
Long story short, she wouldn’t even consider going on ToT again until she turned 9. She was pretty traumatized.

1 Like

Depends on your kid. We are going to do some less intense rides before making the call on this one. I am 90% that my 4 year old will love this… but she is 4 and we haven’t done stuff like this before. Is HS your first park? I would gauge your kid’s reaction to other rides before making a final call.

1 Like

I think I will plan to do it, worst case i take the walk of shame out of there, thanks everyone

1 Like

It was my DD4’s favorite ride of her first WDW trip. I agree with everyone that it depends on your kiddo.

1 Like

sometimes they are better with stuff like that at four than they are when they get older! really depends on the kid tbh. mine are 9 and 12 we just did it for the second time and they didn’t really like it. they were 7 and 10 the first time and they hated it.

1 Like