Touringplans creation is annoying me....is anyone else annoyed?

Basically, I’m trying to create my own touringplan. Every time I move something around…for one thing I can’t move beyond what the current page can see so I have to move it multiple times which is the beginning of the issue. For example, I click the button to add LL reservation for an attraction. Well touringplans puts this at the very bottom of the list. I’ve got 30 things in the list and I want this towards the top. It takes me 3+ moves to get it where I want it. And every single time I move it and I go to scroll to move it up some more, this is the killer btw, it then does some kind of readjustment (which takes a second or two delay so I’m already in the process of scrolling) and it pops to the top of the plan. Then I’ve got to find where I was and scroll up one page again and then this whole things happens again and again and it’s very very very annoying. HELP!

5 Likes

Ok, I have no help for you BUT I noticed the exact same thing when I started pulling together touringplan for our next Disneyland day and I was like man, I guess I should play with the optimizer only and not bother so much with re-ordering and evaluating. That’s my only “fix” :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

But now following in case anyone else has been clever enough to find out how to not take 3+ moves to move.

3 Likes

This has been annoying me also. Sometimes I can move it just so and the page will scroll up but more often than not I have to set it, scroll up and keep moving it. I liked it when the lines were “smaller” and most of your plan was on one screen.

2 Likes

Me too but the thing that kills me the most is the pop up to the top of the plan.

2 Likes

This drove me nuts. I don’t usually make a TP but wanted something when I brought my boys and their significant others. It is just too difficult to use.

2 Likes

yes, same!

1 Like

Same! I zoomed all the way out in view to allow me to move things up and down a long list (rather than having to do it in two or three moves) but the automatic scroll to the top after each move and the LL steps st the bottom are just annoying.

3 Likes

I find that if you scroll sometimes you can disrupt it from jumping up.

That’s not what was happening to me. I’d be scrolling and then it would just pop to the top and it wouldn’t have made any progress on the step I was moving up. I’d have to scroll back down, find where I was and do one page of movement. Then another pop up to the top. I got to the point where I just wait the few seconds that takes to happen. But it’s really frustrating. I can deal with the partial scrolling, if the popping to the top can be fixed. I’m not sure who to tag inside touringplans to see if we can get a performance improvement fix there?

1 Like

@len Can you look into this? :point_up:
Some of us are having issues when we try to move steps around in a TP. The steps have to be moved little by little. And there seems to be more than 1 issue with random jumping to the top- first step. It makes it difficult and time consuming to move steps in longer TPs. For me, the jumping to the top is random but the issue of only being able to move a step up and down little by little is consistent.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well. Sometimes the step just drops in the middle of the TP and sometimes it goes back to it’s original position.

1 Like

This is soooo frustrating to me too. I haven’t found ANYTHING in the update to the website that I like better or functions better. Why, oh why @len was this all changed? Hate the crowd calendar now. It takes so much more time to find what I want. I hate everything about creating a TP, not just this moving rides around fiasco, but just jumping between different plans. There’s more steps now to get where I need to get.

3 Likes