Touring Plans WDW predictions for 2021

Thoughts on:

Crowds
Capacity
Event Schedules
Economy

2 Likes

This says they expect fast pass+ to return. I wonder if it will be the same as before or if it will be different, more like virtual cues or boarding passes? Thoughts?
I love that they think things will be more normal by fall.

I found it surprising too that they said “expect to see FastPass+ return”, like it’s a done deal. Most predictions are that this is a perfect opportunity to make a change like your examples.

1 Like

The pent up demand / rescheduled trip next fall, if everything goes as assumed, is going to be nuts - IMHO

2 Likes

This is the main reason I’m still hanging onto my March trip. Last night I got my husband to say that if I get vaccinated we can go. But that is a really, really big if.

2 Likes

Same situation here for our late Feb WDW/UOR trip. DH says, if we can get vaccinated by then…
I’m thinking of pushing it back to April and hoping we will have our vaccinations by then. But who knows??

1 Like

Yup. Not just Disney. Travel, entertainment, restaurants.

As for WDW, I’m expecting massive crowds for our planning October 2021 trip and our 2022 trip.

2 Likes

Yeah… idk what I’m going to do. I have trips / deposits in place, but the whole reason I joined TP years ago was becuase my DW didn’t want to go due to crowds. I’m not sure even a good TP is going to be a big help. (It’ll definitely be better than not having it, but I’m preparing for the worst.)

My most recent idea this week is to maybe instead go to a few big regional parks like Dollywood or someplace I can drive to in a reasonable time. (WDW is 14+ hrs away for me)

This all just “up in the air” for me for another 6+ months… :crazy_face:

1 Like

As long as you can keep your DLR trip! :laughing:

Thanks! Hopefully, I don’t talk about it too much! My DW doesn’t mind listening, but I can see her eyes glaze over. This is my safe space :crazy_face::rofl:

I’ll DEFINITELY get to go some day ASAP! I truly hope it’s this year. I rescheduled it for my Dec. birthday instead of Sept.

Humble brag - Walt & I have the same birthday, so it’s always been a dream to be at “his” park on our big day!

3 Likes

I think a good touring plan always helps.

2 Likes

I don’t really get tired of talking about Disney trips either, especially DLR. I can’t wait for you to go!

2 Likes

I do think crowds will come back for my 2022 trip, also hoping some events come back, I’ll happily pay for a lower crowd EMM or something.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if some form of EMH isn’t back in 2022. I have no inside knowledge, but it makes sense for WDW to go upcharge event and paid FP crazy once the crowds come back. People will be ready to open their wallets for lower lines.

1 Like

Seriously I’m just saving since we aren’t up for going right now. But I’m going to budget these upcharges because well little kids— I’ll pay to skip some crowds!

2 Likes