Touring plans and FPS selection

What is the better strategy -

1. Build your touring plan and follow the suggestions and times for FPs or
  2. Pick your FPs and times and then build your touring plans around the times you got?

Which option would produce a more efficient touring plan or is it really just about the same?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Typically 1, at least for attractions early in the day. But some FPP are hard to get (ie A&E, 7DMT) and in those cases I take what I get and revise around them. I also try not to have FPP for very late in the day as that limits me from getting additional. That said, sometimes it just makes sense (ie upcoming trip for DH&I does not include a ton of rides that typically benefit from FPP ie Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh)

I’m in the midst of planning a trip right now, And I have to agree with @OBNurseNH. Normally, I try for early in the day FPPs, with the hopes of additional FPP later that day (my current record is 4 additional passes!). But, as with the new JB and FEA FPPs I just got, I’m lucky I got what I got, and will plan around those!

I generally get the FPPs that I want first, then build a TP around them.

I prefer setting out the TP first and then using the Optimizer to help determine the mist beneficial FPP reservations. Making Optimized Personalized Touring Plans with FastPass+

3 Likes

I built my TPs first to get a sense of when I would ideally want our FPs. Then I got FPs for as close as I could and tweaked the TPs accordingly.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. Planning a trip to WDW can be exhausting. So much to think about.

The word you’re looking for is “fun”

Planning is “fun” :slight_smile: :slight_smile: