Touring Plan Help, Please

This is a solo trip, staying on-property (fingers crossed for a Pixie Dust upgrade), & 10-day park hopping. What do you think? Is this enough time to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival, Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge (never been before), and the Magic Kingdom? 30 means a 1/2 day. At $160-$190 a ticket, the “Boo Party” is out this year. Not worth it for only 3 hours. Arrival date is Thursday morning, so was planning on heading over to Disney Springs that day.

date MK EP HS AK
Friday 30 30 Boo Party 9pm-12am
Saturday 30 30
Sunday 30 30 Boo Party 9pm-12am
Monday 30 30
Tuesday 30 30 Boo Party 9pm-12am
Wednesday 30 30
Thursday 30 30
Friday 30 30 Boo Party 9pm-12am
Saturday 30 30
Sunday 30 30 Boo Party 9pm-12am
3 3 2 2

To clarify… You are park hopping every day? Don’t get me wrong… I like to park hop. However, IMHO, to get “everything” you want done you need to dedicate a whole day to each park. For a 10 day trip, I’d do 4 “whole” park days" minimum (probably do 2 at MK) and then 3 - 4 hopping days.

You lose so much time bouncing between parks - often an least an hour or more - that’s time you could’ve been enjoying F&W or SW:GE…

2 Likes

Yes. I typically go to one park at opening (or earlier if possible), then after lunch go back to the resort to swim & relax by the pool, then on to the next park around 3:30-4pm until closing time. This way I don’t get burnt out at one park.

2 Likes

I too always break my days into two parts.

2 Likes

If I changed anything it might be change 1 AK to HS if you’re a really big SW fan. AK is definitely not a full day park now so that would be the one I’d pull from if you wanted to add on anywhere.

1 Like

I get it… I really do! I enjoy a break too… my concern is that you don’t return to the same park after your break. I get that your “math” equals 3 full MK days, but you’ll be surprised, even getting there early & having a plan, how much time entering & leaving the park takes up. (ESPECIALLY if you are using WDW transportation)

Are you dining at Epcot every night / day? (You plan takes you there as much as MK)

It seems like F&W is your #1 priority. (??)

I’m not saying you can’t do it all… It would help if I knew which were AM and which were PM visits.

The easiest way, for me, to answer the question is like this -

You need 2 days at MK

1 day at AK - try to see Pandora at day & night - It’s not that big, but impressive

You’ll need an entire half day for SW:GE - if you’re a big Star Wars fan - Can “see it” w/out enganging in it all in a couple hours

F&W - I like to spread it out over 2 - 3 visits. I’m a big eater, but by mid-day I’m pretty full at booths even if that is all I’m eating that day.

I hope that helps!

I’m traveling solo and basically doing something similar, though I’m only there for 8 days. But, I have a 7 day Park Hopper and I plan on using it most days. Because AK is so far away from everything else that might be my only exception to park hopping but I have two days scheduled there so I also don’t necessarily need to spend all of both days there. I might use the opportunity to go resort hopping or something even if I don’t park hop on those days. Otherwise, I plan on definitely winding down at EPCOT or MK on several evenings. Mostly, I’m just going to play it by ear, see what I get done, what I might want to do again, etc and base my park hopping on that. Even though it’s been a while I have been to WDW before and I’ll be there again so I’m fine if I don’t get to everything.

I don’t have a lot of specific advice but your trip sounds awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like