Touring Plan for Universal seems unrealistic

I made a touring plan for March 19th at Universal Studios. I selected every ride I was interested in and submitted it. However, the plan suggests I won’t be waiting in line for much longer than 15 minutes for most attractions, some less than 5 min.

I’m confused since the crowd calendar has this day rated at 9/10.

For example:

Men in Black Alien Attack: arrive at 10:39 am, wait time says 4 min.

Simpsons: arrive at 10:49, wait time says 12 min.

Are these realistic wait times? Maybe I am just used to WDW’s exceptionally longer wait times.

Welcome!

This will be easier to advise on if you’ll Publish your plan.

To do so, click on your plan. In the large gray box, at the top of the page & before all your activities, click Edit. A pop-up window will appear. You originally saw this when making the plan with dates & times. Right above the blue “Save” button you’ll see a check box next to “Publish this plan”. Check that and you’ll be taken back to the plan. Now in the large gray box, at the top, you’ll see a link that you can click / copy & paste.

Thanks!

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4015682

Do you have Express Pass? I have a similar plan and estimates for the end of the month and am curious as well!

In my experience, the predicted wait times for Universal were way off actuals…but, having said that, I would say the overall “average” of the predicted wait times come out to be fairly accurate. Meaning, it might have been off by 20 minutes on one ride, but then it would be off by 10 minutes in the opposite direction for a couple others, etc.

Having said that, looking over your plan, I’m not sure if it is terribly inaccurate from reality. But I do suggest, strongly, that pad with breaks every couple hours, plus insert when you plan to eat, and where, etc. This will help in case some of the wait time predictions are off. Having a buffer of 30 minutes every couple others gives a cushion. And if you end up on schedule, it is a great time to get a Butterbeer! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, you might also want to optimize for walking (set your walking speed to very relaxed at first) so that you aren’t being sent all over the park. I noticed you are bouncing around a lot. I can see doing RRR and then the Mummy…but then, I’d probably focus more on following around the park clockwise with rides as much as possible to avoid a lot of extraneous walking.

Good idea. I normally do that with my Disney plans, but when I saw the wait times it caused me to double take and question if it was realistic in the first place. I wasn’t expecting it to tell me I would have everything done by 2:45.

I don’t think it’s realistic. We waited twice as long as that for Simpson’s with express pass in August on CL9 days, longer for Jimmy Fallon, much less for Gringotts. The others look about right with express pass, but it doesn’t look like you have got it?

Correct. I don’t have express pass. I wondered if the app is incorrectly factoring that in. I didn’t select it when I created the plan.

I’d try starting it again from scratch and seeing if the wait times are the same. Sometimes the plan has a glitch.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that this does not look very realistic. I would try either creating a new plan, or optimizing multiple times on this plan to see if it changes.