Totally Random, But Hopefully You Can Help!

I first drank the original because, well, it was the original! Then, because I am a total junky for frozen drinks, I tried the frozen and loved it. It wasn’t until my second trip that hot was available and I fell in love with it!

In my case, the first trip I went on, it was the first week Hogsmeade opened up. I got the original, and my sister got the frozen one. We both agreed that the frozen one was better. Every trip after, I got the frozen one. The hot one wasn’t available for us to try until we went in December.

Do you have the purple HP cookbook? That’s the one I have, and we like to try different things from it as well!

Yesterday, after reading this thread, I went on a Butterbeer rabbit hole, lol! I even downloaded the free kindle Butterbeer book mentioned above. I looked up different recipes to include Butterbeer—cupcakes, cookies, even Butterbeer muddy buddies (puppy chow)! So, thank you, lol!

1 Like

That is the cookbook that I have! But I have the original version, which came out several years ago. I believe there’s now an updated one, so you may have more recipes than I do.

I am glad I was able to send you down the rabbit hole that I so frequently go down myself! :rofl:

The one I have is the original one, I got it years ago! I don’t think every movie was out yet, lol. I had no idea that there’s an updated one! HP always finds a way to take my money…

I don’t know know if you guys have audible, but I have all the HP books. Even if I’ve read the books many times and seen all of the movies so many times, this is a different experience. Anyway, some of the HP actors read the Tales of Beetle the Bard and other stories. It’s worth a listen!

1 Like

I have heard of that and have been very interested in checking it out. For our part, for the last year-and-a-half, I have been reading the books aloud to my two younger sons. We are currently three chapters in in Deathly Hallows and I will be very sad when it’s all over. It’s been a great bonding experience and something I look forward to every night.

2 Likes

I had no idea hot was seasonal when we went on our first trip in an October.
Now we only go in the school summer holidays, so it probably won’t be an option ever again.
#regrets!!

I looked at it last night and I don’t know where I’m going to get a lot of the ingredients. What the hell is butter flavouring? Not something I’ve ever seen in the UK. I can improvise butterscotch chips, I’ve never seen those either. I suppose I should just be grateful that it doesn’t measure everything in cups!

From what I’ve read, if you can’t find butter flavoring, use caramel flavoring.

That I have! And the butterscotch schnapps :joy: Thanks!

I “forgot” to try the hot one in December last year. I’m hoping it will be available in October this year.

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Yes! That reminds me fondly of college!

2 Likes