Totally not a trip report, Trip Report 🤦‍♀️

SURPRISE

I picked up @Bubblez this morning and here we are for madness and mayhem!!!

28 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Dang it, you and @Bubblez just missed getting to see me as I left yesterday. Have fun you guys!!

11 Likes

Yay!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Awww bummer! Today was the soonest I could make a trek down here, I would have just died in a hotel room yesterday as jet lag hit me like a 2x4! :joy:

I’m still not quite right, but I supposed after being in Europe for 4 of the last 6 weeks that’s to be expected. (With a 9 day stint back home. LOL) 9-hour time differences are NO joke!!!

10 Likes

Yikes!!! @JuliaMc, you need to rest some!!! But it’s great you and @Bubblez could meet up with @mathhound. She’s a special person.

7 Likes

:smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You are too!

5 Likes

I got home from France on a Monday and had exactly one week to get myself on the right schedule before we went to DLR for my birthday. It took 5 nights or so to finally start feeling like I was in the right time zone again.
In June/early July I will be in Spain & Portugal for 2 weeks and then have just 2 days to recover (one of which I am working 12 hours :scream:) before I fly to Orlando. That is going to be wild and I probably won’t know what time it is at all.

12 Likes

SURPRISE!!

23 Likes

Amazing and what a phenomenal vacation crash!

:scream: :scream: :exploding_head:

Everyone looks so amazing all dressed up for the club! @mathhound You may now find yourself looking up and fondly dreaming at whatever window your table was closest to everytime you are in New Orleans Square! On Tuesday when we walked to our Blue Bayou, I got to do just that! And realized it had been awhile since I pointed out the window to the kids and it was the first time the younger 2 had heard anything about it & the older 2 were only 4y & 2y so have no memory of it really.

12 Likes

Also I brought two outfits down with me, and ran into a friend who gave me a heads up about the Matterhorn 65th birthday….

And so I dressed for the occasion…

Eeeks! I bought the dirndl in Salzburg last month and I’m so glad I packed it to wear tonight because it was absolute perfection!!!

Such a great night with terrific company. Worth calling in my yearly favour for!

:heart::heart::heart:

18 Likes

We had such a wonderful time with wonderful friends!! You are too adorable in that wonderful outfit!! You got soooo many compliments, well deserved!

11 Likes

We have always loved New Orleans Square and now we have even more special memories!

Will add photos tomorrow. Too tired right now :joy::zzz:

10 Likes

Wait, why not just fly to Orlando and skip going home and take that day off? Time different is only 6 hours instead of 9. I kind of wish I had just stayed in Europe last month vs flying home for 9 days, but I also needed a different wardrobe for Italy vs Germany/Austria/France/Switzerland. (We had snow!!) And I didn’t want to lug it all around. But Orlando is like, the same clothes as Spain/portugal!! Especially in July.

I do regret not staying in DC Sunday night and flying home Monday. We usually stop in Chicago back from Europe and stay overnight and it breaks the trip up and makes re-entry a bit easier.

That said I did sleep nearly 8 hours last night, which is the most all week! Woot woot. I’m quietly laying here because I don’t want to wake @Bubblez up. (I literally kidnapped her for like 30 hours. She is my captive prisoner……I picked her up at the airport and dragged her with me. LOLLLL)

I’m excited for today’s plans. It’s not Disney!! Stay tuned!!!

13 Likes

I thought about it, and may still do that but I am flying back to the US from Madrid with Avery and all her stuff from living there.

5 Likes

I love your outfits!

3 Likes

Looking good @mathhound and DH! :blush:

4 Likes

The trip crashing has continued….

We dragged @mathhound and her DH out of the bubble for a step back into time…

While I adore the golden age of cruising, I am NOT a cruiser. But one day I’ll do the trans-Atlantic on Cunard.

Thanks to @Bubblez for the photo above. :heart::heart::heart:

18 Likes

And what a spectacular 30 hours it was :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

But alas…

All good things must come to an end! DH and DS have a golf tournament they’re playing in tomorrow and I need to jet back to see my SiL before it starts.

Magic. @JuliaMc leaves magic everywhere she goes! :heart_eyes:

@mathhound so great to see you and DH! Hope to do it again soon!

22 Likes

Great spot for the fireworks! :star_struck:

5 Likes