Too many Genie+ bookings for each ride

I have Genie+ for my upcoming trip to Disneyland. I’ve created a custom plan in which I wanted to return to some rides later in the day. From what I understand, each ride can only booked once per day, yet the app is listing these second rides as having a low wait time because they are booked with Genie+. If this is not allowed by Disney, why is the app producing this result? Am I making some kind of mistake?

Did you manually add LL or did the software automatically add it twice? If you tell it you are manually overriding, it might let you do something that is technically impossible.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your quick reply. When I set it up, I turned on “I plan to buy Genie+…” and “I will buy the next available lightning lane”. I included the ride 2x because I want to return for a second time later on. Then when I had the app evaluate my plan, it timed both visits to the ride as if it was possible to use lightning lane for both.

Of course, this creates a problem with the timing of the rest of the day, because the app is calculating for use of the lightning lane when it’s not possible.

I think this is a software bug. There should be an option in your plan to submit an IT ticket to the Touring Plans team. If that fails, we could always tag TP staff in this thread. The software should not be giving you the same LL twice in one day.

In the meantime, I would just get a LL for the next longest wait in your plan and then increase the wait for IJ the second time to about an hour.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff

Thanks again for your reply. I can’t see any obvious way to flag my post for TP staff, nor how to submit an IT ticket. I saw something that suggested weird behavior on the app might be fixed by deleting cookies, which I tried. Doing my plan over, it didn’t book LL for each ride more than once…in fact it only booked one LL and that was it. It seems a little unlikely that the wait times it’s showing are possible all day without booking LL. Could I trouble you to fill me in on how I get TP staff or submit an IT Ticket?

1 Like

Email webmaster@touringplans.com and share the url of your plan and your username.

5 Likes

I think this is something they are actively working on. Len had a thread recently soliciting input on how to best handle assigning LLs to multiple instances of a ride in the plan.

2 Likes

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your thoughts. Is a remedy for a thing like this something that I should or shouldn’t expect within a few days to a week? I don’t know how many people a company like Touring Plans can afford to employ, let alone for things like this. Is it more or less a thing that once you submit a ticket, you just forget about your own problem and hope that people in the future won’t have to deal with the same issue? Or do they actually get on it fairly quickly?

Honest question.

Bruce

1 Like

I have no idea how long it will take for them to address it… I wouldn’t assume any time soon. But who knows!

I think it has been a few weeks since @len was inquiring how they might tackle this. But that’s as much as I know.

2 Likes

Personally I would recommend manually entering your LLs.

But if that is too tricky for you (it’s not easy to explain and takes trial and error), I would recommend not using Genie+ for purposes of your plan. When you get into the park, use Genie+ to get a LL for your first attraction that has a predicted wait of >30 minutes. Then enter that LL (which I think is more straightforward on the day of) and re-optimize. Once you are eligible, do the same thing again (book the next attraction on your plan with a >30 minute wait). Repeat as you go through the day.

This approach has the benefit of making sure you have a buffer and are realistic about what you can get done.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff (and Ryan)

I think I might have already provisionally done what you’re talking about Jeff. I entered breaks of 10 minutes into my schedule where I prompt myself to book the next LL. Is this what you meant by entering the LL’s manually?

Bruce

1 Like

There is a way to tell the plan “I want to choose my own LLs.” Once you do this, it give you options to add a LL for a specific time / attraction. Like I said, it takes some practice to get this to work. You may be better off just keeping your current approach with the breaks / prompts.