Tony’s Town Square

Okay my friends…
In the years I have been going to Disney, I’ve never been to Tony’s.

I love Lady and the Tramp. We will be in MK for my birthday… so is this a good option?

I know it’s not the best food, but is it alright and I’m fine going for atmosphere!

Thanks!

Wasn’t impressed at all.

Tony’s is one of my favorite restaurants when seated outdoors. Location, Location, Location! Food isn’t great, but I pay for the experience. There was one meal I watched the Main Street USA performers and the Move It Shake It parade in one sitting.

6 Likes

I agree with @TheSafetyLady. Sitting outside overlooking town square is lovely. The food is fine. It’s not amazing but it’s not awful at all.

4 Likes

I went for the first time in May and I honestly don’t understand the hate for the place. It’s a little chaotic getting in there, but we sat on the patio and it was glorious. They recently changed their menu up some and I thought it was really good. It’s not fine dining, but if you like going to any Italian chain restaurant you will enjoy it. I can’t wait to go back on my next trip.

6 Likes

They have a new menu and I really enjoyed the food and sitting outside.

2 Likes

I’m another fan of sitting outside at Tony’s.

3 Likes

We sat inside - so some what noisy. I don’t think of Lady and the Tramp here. It’s just a restaurant.

We’d eat here again. The food was quite edible, our water glasses were kept filled and we were asked about dessert before wondering if our server had been abducted by aliens.

Another plus is that it’s right inside MK.

3 Likes

I will say, my opinion of Tony’s may be slightly colored by it being the first place I ever had an adult beverage in MK.

It was right when they started serving, and our server brought the menu up to the table and unveiled it with a flourish… we got champagne and toasted to this lovely development. We were on the patio and for a great photo of the toast with the MK Christmas tree in the background.

4 Likes

We love Tony’s in my family. It’s totally Olive Garden food, which I guess is supposed to be an insult, but you know what, as fancy as we are in real life, that’s our speed sometimes and we own that :joy: Kids menu provides some needed (if carb-focused) variety from the usual Disney choices, with pizza and noodles. Servers are great!

Plus they have wine!

4 Likes

It’s been years since I’ve been there, but at least at that time there was not a lot of Lady & the Tramp theming. We went because my DD loved that movie and we wanted it to be more themed than it was. I remember a statue, which was cute, but not a lot else. Maybe people who have been more recently could tell you. The only people who seem to really enjoy it are sitting outside. And as @WildernessLodger said, the food is basic Olive Garden.

1 Like

Time your reservation for the Festival of Fantasy Parade’s arrival (about 25 min. after posted parade start times.

We sat on the patio and dined during the parade in March, and just finished up at sat on the benches right outside the restaurant for the parade earlier this month.

2 Likes

It’s been a few years but I remember the food being fine, the only problem was that it was hot hot hot (outside, not the food), the portions were enormous (we were on the Festival of Fantasy viewing package) and nobody was really in the mood for three courses including an enormous pasta dish.

3 Likes

I liked it. Nothing fancy, but it’s a theme park. If you like Lady and the Tramp you should go.

3 Likes

Agree about portions. I went with my DD and it would have been better with a few more people - which is usually the case with Italian!. We thought the food was good (not great), the server attentive, the AC and seats fantastic, and the price not so bad for being in MK.

2 Likes

I think it feels Lady and the Tramp indoors and they used to stamp your autograph book with a lady and the tramp pawprint precovid. Not sure if they still do it.
However, I also prefer a patio table. The square view is fab.

Food quality: I would say my experience has been inconsistent and dependent on what I order. Not a fan of the pizza. But some of the pasta dishes have been good. My mom is a fan of the gluten free pasta there (has celiacs). My daughter claims the chicken Alfredo is some of the best she’s ever had. I think the cream sauce was fine but plain. Could have used some nice seasoning. I think it was the chicken parm I liked best but I cannot remember what I had the first time I went and we were all happy with the food that time.

2 Likes

I have been a long-time Tony’s hater, I think the food has always been Olive Garden quality at best. However, I recently went at the end of June and was completely impressed. There are 4 brand new entrees that came on the menu in May, and 3 out of 4 of them were delicious. The new garlic bread appetizer is out of this world and I highly recommend it. The new menu is such an improvement and I have a reservation to go back on my next trip, that is how much I enjoyed it.

Overall, it’s really cute inside, but it is also an amazing spot to sit outside and if you do plan it around the parade, you’ll get a great view.

5 Likes