Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Info Needed

I am looking for some planning help! I recently booked the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. Although I have not been there since it was $25 a person (a long time ago),
I have been there enough times to know exactly what view I will have. This will be my husband’s first trip to Disney (I know- crazy). We are only going for a quick two night trip and our first night we will be arriving at MK after 6 (moonlight magic admission) and maybe even after 7:00.

I have booked the dessert party because I want him to see HEA but crowds give him anxiety and I do not want it to be a negative experience.

I need your help! I have been told tables are assigned prior to check in and tables are assigned on a 1st come 1st serve basis (both of these statements cannot be true and I do not know who is wrong). I know my husband will not eat any desserts so I am paying for an uncrowded seat only (judge me all you want - I have decided this is $200 my son will never inherit). I also know that arriving an hour or more before the fireworks and sitting there watching other people eat desserts is not an option. He does not drink so wine and beer are out too (don’t say it😉).

When we show up at 8:30 (not if but when) I expect we will be seated in a back table. Will we be able to see? Do people stand up?

I appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

1 Like

This made me laugh.
Sorry but I am of no help.

2 Likes

I have done this 3 times and I have NO IDEA how they assign tables. I think/suspect it is largely who shows up first, but I have seen “reserved” on the best/front tables. I have always gotten a front table but I always got there at the start (liner, what can I say).

People are – I think-- very we-are-one and those with more back tables kind of scootch up to stand toward the front when the show starts without stress or recrimination when I was there, but I don’t know if that is guaranteed.

1 Like

Thanks! I am trying to not obsess over this and you have helped.

1 Like

We were kind of in a similar situation for Fourth of July this past summer. Your thought process lead me to doing the garden view rather than terrace. Cheaper… which I felt good about since we are really big on desserts so really were just paying for seating, plus it is a little more free flowing with the fireworks viewing not really assigned spots. As adults you can definitely stand pretty much anywhere in that viewing area and still have a great view.

The last time I did the garden view it was fine for me but it will not work for my husband. I truly wished it would. I would never, ever book the terrace for myself😳 I think that is why this is such a struggle!

1 Like

I don’t have any clue how to assign. But, in September we arrived around 8:15 and were taken to a table on the far right side of the area (farthest from check in side) in the second row. I was pretty mad because I thought we would have a terrible view. It ended up being amazing! Tink flew directly over our heads. Maybe since you’re “late” people will have filled in the closer area and you can get the secret good spot?

2 Likes

Thank you!

A few pics from the second row of seating, far right in case you are curious:

Not a great pic in general, but you can see Tink:

If there’s a photopass photographer at the party, this was the angle we got:

We chose this party for similar reasons and it was a good fit for us.

3 Likes

Thank you!

We went in May. At that time, we tried to check-in early and couldn’t, but I’d try that if I were you- if it works with your schedule. Some people are able to get their table, and then leave.

So how they assign tables does seem to vary. But if there are only two of you, chances are you’ll be at the railing, we didn’t even have a shot at those since there were 5 of us. But the hostess definitely knew the good tables, don’t hesitate to ask for one.

People did not stand up, everyone stayed at their table and we could all see (even though there was a girl in front of us with ears on the whole time). Our table was second row, center and it was fabulous. And we probably got there around 8:30, too.

Also, there were TWO marriage proposals, which just added to the magic. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you! I know in my heart this is what I want/need to do! You have helped me so much!

2 Likes