Toll Road Bypass

Is it possible to get around WDW / Orlando without using any toll roads (and thus avoiding the need for a toll express pass, etc.)? Destinations include WDW, MCO, UOR, and Port Canaveral. I’m debating whether to get a visitor express pass for our trip with a rental car.

I mean, probably. But it is likely going to involve done really inefficient/inconvenient routes. But you can check via Googlemaps and select the “avoid toll roads” option

1 Like

I have gone to Universal without going on a toll road. Leaving MCO there is a cash toll. It is clearly marked. I always bring quarters but there has always been a person at the booth. I am not sure about Port Canaveral .

1 Like

Just bring a roll of quarters - not worth the time/hassle of going on back roads or the expense of getting a SunPass.

3 Likes

It is possible for WDW, MCO and UOR. I don’t know about Port Canaveral. Every car I’ve rented from MCO in the past few years has had an express pass already with the car. I rent from Alamo or National.

1 Like

That’s a tough one to advise without studying maps considering all the different locations mentioned. FWIW, we’ve learned to take the Access Road south from MCO to the Central Florida Greenway (hyw 417). There are one or two tolls on 417, but the traffic is so much lighter than the I4 route and it has a direct connection to Disney’s World Center Drive. Disney’s ME buses use this same route.

1 Like

Sign up for the new Visitor Toll pass at the airport. It cost nothing except the tolls. It charges your credit card one time, after your trip is over. I can’t recommend it enough. https://visitortollpass.com/

Pick up and drop off at MCO only. Running through August 31, but will hopefully be extended.

3 Likes

I hope they extend this pass - that sounds very convenient!

Thanks everyone for the input - I will plan to pay a few tolls one way or another. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made sure to fill out the survey and leave rave reviews! Hopefully that helps!

1 Like