Today's uninformed Q: how do you make your Magic Band comfortable?

I’m beginning to feel like a preschooler who asks too many questions. What does that thing do? Why? Can I buy this? Why? Where are the fireworks? Why? Can I eat that? WHY NOT?!.. Et. Cetera.

Anyway, today’s stupid, ahem, I mean, uninformed question is about Magic Bands. They’re big. I know you can rip the dark grey lining off and make it smaller; I just don’t want to. I like the dark grey section. But the band is so long that it wraps nearly all the way around my wrist under the second band, and I find that, um, uncomfortable? Less than ideal, let’s say.

Can I cut off the long end?

Please tell me, O, Wise Ones.

Any other advice would be appreciated. :smiley:

Namaste,
Bay

2 Likes

I wear it loose, almost like a bangle bracelet but not quite that loose. I wear my watch the same way. I feel like they are strangling me if they are on any tighter than that. So whatever would make it tight on your wrist - especially with that extra bit - go one notch less. I have small wrists too and could easily remove the outer band and wear it kid-sized as well. But again, strangling.

2 Likes

You can definitely cut it down, especially if it’s the grey part. I’ve done it to all mine that I kept the grey.

3 Likes

I also highly recommend a small elastic band to keep the “tail” in place and to prevent it from accidentally coming off. I know quite a few etsy stores sell “locks” to keep them in place, but I use the clear elastics for hair instead!

3 Likes

One notch less, thank you…

Awesome, yay!!! I picked periwinkle for my MB, and it’s just so pretty with the grey.

Oooooo – cool hack! Thank you!!

Y’all rock. :smiley: :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

When you cut it down try to curve the edges. I found if I cut mine off in a straight line the pointy edges irritated my skin.

3 Likes

I used another magic band to trace the curve before cutting, then file/sand the edges.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea.

1 Like

Just ordered some off of Etsy, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m going with one of these next time instead of a Magic band. More functional for me as I can keep it clipped to my backpack. Waiting for them to go on sale, though. :blush:

4 Likes

I remove the puck, and use a puck slide on my watch band

4 Likes

This totally! The little plastic ones work great. Lately I’ve had one of the bigger cloth-wrapped elastics on mine and it works well too, wrapped around several times. Has saved my magic band several times!

1 Like

Yep, we bought these…

Bitbelt 12 pack (one of every color, 3 that glow in the dark!) Protect your Magicband (includes 2.0),Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Charge HR, Garmin Vivofit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010OX42WO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6R74AS2ZRKETS6Z6SV8Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Ooo, your watch is so cute!!! That’s a very cool solution!

You are so helpful!!! Thank you!!! Those are cute, and I cannot resist things that glow in the dark. I am a child of the 60’s/70’s. LOL!!!

1 Like

These are great! We all used them on our last 2 trips.

1 Like

Isn’t that unnecessary now? Apple Watches can now be used as Magic Bands.

I tried the puck holder with my Fitbit and found it really uncomfortable. I then tried wearing the FB on one wrist and the MB on the other. Again, not for me. I ended up wearing both on the same wrist and was surprised at how quickly I got used to it.

1 Like

I can see that. We used to wear many, many bangles and bracelets on one wrist back in the 80’s. (Shades of Cyndi Lauper…) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Has that launched yet? I haven’t visited since it was announced, but will will use it next trip.

The MB slide will work on other watch bands, not just Apple Watches, as well as various fitness bands that may be more comfortable, to the OP.