To trip report or not to trip report

We all agreed DS11.1 was approaching his limit, and I wasn’t far behind.

We stopped in at Zuri’s Sweets Shop for a few treats. If you’re in the market for a heavily decorated rice krispy treat, this would be your place:

Then there was a stop at Creature Comforts (Starbucks). I got my usual chai tea latte with mocha, but iced, along with banana bread. Everyone else got frappuccinos.

Once again, it wasn’t the day I’d planned, but I’ll mark it as successful under the circumstances.

Now I’m in lounging in bed with a large glass of OJ with sparkling water. I put DH and DM in charge of dinner (whether we have enough leftovers or if they want to fetch more takeout).

Tomorrow is MK Day 2 of 2, so we’ll need to think about what our priorities are and how we want to approach it.

17 Likes

DH has skill too!

3 Likes

Da pig is not sleeping! :pig2: :sleeping: I’ve never seen the pig standing and walking! :joy:

6 Likes

Always! I love that shop!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s his dad that the artistic gene comes from. I’m much too calculating and methodical in my thinking to be a good at art. “How many inches should that line be?” :crazy_face:

3 Likes

There was also a sleeping pig that didn’t get photographed. :laughing:

10 Likes

Same here. I did AA once and my Donald looked like a creature from another planet.

2 Likes

So dinner was leftovers. Not sure what was taken before I got there, but I had brats, lamb and rice, turkey leg, and pickled veggies. Bummer…not! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tonight was counter cookie #3 (triple chocolate). The cookies and cream was still my favorite.

Here’s the deal with these cookies. I don’t think they’re really cookies. Sort of how I like cookie dough ice cream but it’s not a cookie. That’s how I feel about these cookies. They’re a bunch of toppings paired with a bit of just slightly undercooked cookie dough. Enjoyable, but not a cookie.

It reminds me of the first time I made DM’s sweet chili recipe for my native-Texan DH. “This is really good! It’s not chili, but I like it!”

And the cake from Gideon’s was still better than any of the cookies so far.

11 Likes

I hadn’t either…he really moves when it is time to eat though. I caught a little bit of a video. They actually ask you to relocate so there is a clear path when it is feeding time because he will run you down if you’re in his way: https://photos.app.goo.gl/M2eu6GgxX38cT7PY6

5 Likes

A pig after my own heart! :joy: :pig:

4 Likes

Pulled up at 6:55am and we’ve got 5 cars ahead of us. Parking toll booths not open yet.

12 Likes

So both days when we pulled up, the 2 rightmost lanes had red lights. Then at some point prior to the booths opening, they changed to green. Today, we were ready for that and queued in the rightmost green light lane. Then, we carefully scooted over when the reds turned green. There is now only 1 car ahead of us.

12 Likes

Tolls opened at 7:17 today. That’s “odd”. :laughing:

7 Likes

We were through the taps at 7:37am and were executing RD smoothly (for us). Even without the wheelchair and a quick stop at security for a purse check, with the current setup, I don’t think you can park at the TTC and be through the taps much before 7:30.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Enjoy MK!

4 Likes

Being rookies traveling with a wheelchair has been interesting. Originally, I tried to research how we should approach each attraction, and it seems like each Disney attraction has some sort of standard procedure that’s followed about 80-90% of the time, but there are variations.

For instance, Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise do not allow wheelchairs in the regular queue, so they’ll scan your magic bands and give you a return window equal to the current wait. But if it’s a walk on, they’ll put you straight in the FP queue.

I’ve given up trying to predict because of the 10-20% variability. We just walk up and ask the CM what the current procedure is. Put the wheelchair at the front of your party so they’ll typically have the answer formulated when you get there.

Between virtual return times and skipping various parts of queues, I think having the wheelchair has probably been a wash on additional time needed vs time saved.

The other nice thing is they generally let you leave the wheelchair right at boarding and have it right at offloading, so we’ve frequently left our backpack, hats, etc. on it rather than take them on the rides. (Devices are put in my purse, not the backpack.)

We did have a 10 min delay at MFSR where the wheelchair got waylaid somewhere, but other than that it’s always been waiting for us.

11 Likes

Space Mountain was a walk on when we got there, and so was Buzz.

Speedway was only running one lane of cars, so the 14 minute wait was longer than expected. Then, a car a few ahead of us was having mechanical issues and died twice so the whole attraction slowed us down a bit.

^ Yes, we were stopped long enough to pull out devices.

HM was a walk on. Still no stretching room. It also stalled for a couple minutes while we were on.

We swung by JC to get our return time and then rode Pooh while we waiting.

20 Likes

Castle is such a beauty even with the weird pink paint.

2 Likes

From another trip thread, the stall on HM is when they are loading a DAS passenger who needs to have the belt stopped in order to board.

Loving the pictures! Did you take the selfie on TS or DS11.? :joy: I struggle with selfies as well. Captain Jack Sparrow had to instruct me in order for me to get a selfie with him last October!

7 Likes

We decided it looks better close up.

1 Like