To trip report or not to trip report

wow, REALLY??? Bold stance.

4 Likes

Lunch and then a movie!

We may have gotten a little carried away on the apps, but we did finish most of them…

I seriously could make a meal out of a big bowl of that cheddar soup and a load of the pretzel bread! The mussels were the other big hit. I guess edible candles are the new trendy thing?

With all the apps, we just got 2 steak entrees to split. We probably should have ordered 1 more steak and 2 fewer apps, but people were campaigning hard for their app choices. And then I flailed at the steak picture and it came out a total blur, but I promise you it looked just like this stock picture from Yelp!

It was really good, but needed more ice cream!

The movie left us longing to go to our little family cabin just across the border on Lake of the Woods. They are still requiring a 2 week quarantine at your cabin plus a negative Covid test and are following up with spot checks. Not even allowed to fish during the 2 weeks. :confused: But at least people can go check on their properties finally.

DH and I got married in Victoria and then took our guests to Butchart Gardens the next day. (It was a small “destination wedding”.) We had hoped to take the kids there this summer for our 25th wedding anniversary, but, well, ya know…

18 Likes

There just wasn’t enough cookie dough in the Gideon’s. (Which isn’t exactly saying there were too many chocolate chips…but…)

7 Likes

This was also on the Le Cellier menu, and I’m really confused why… :thinking:

You know. That world-famous Canadian chorizo?

4 Likes

Without really trying (but it was pencilled into the TP), we left our late lunch at the perfect time to catch the Jammin’ Gardeners (aka The Jammitors). I left the fam to watch while I foraged for dinner.

Then we made our way to Germany so I could finish foraging for dinner.

There were many distractions along the way!

#stillugly

There was a mutiny for boba about here…

Are these all Steve??? Too far away to tell?

This just fascinates me and I’m sure there’s the makings of a really good dessert there, if someone wants to let me know how that works out for them!

Ok, this has seriously been my second-most-favorite drink of the trip (behind the cold brew cocktail). It was the perfect amount of frozen and didn’t get watered down as it melted. If you like a sour-ish margarita and it’s a hot day, it’s just perfect.

Unfortunately, the twins were the only ones that keep space open for the promised gelato, and only by sharing this one.

But DH came back from the gelateria with a piece of good news…looks like the Italian margarita may be a permanent menu item there (hopefully it’s the same)!

This was about when I realized with dismay that my planned exit at IG wasn’t happening with the change in the parking plan. I grabbed a couple croissants from France for tomorrow’s breakfast and then continued the long walk back to the main entrance parking…

Back to the hotel for laundry, pool time, R&R, and then feasting on the foragings!

13 Likes

She later challenged someone to add ice cream… know anyone who’d try that? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m wondering: when will the Big Reveal happen? You know, when you tell us if you’re going to do the trip report or not. I keep checking every day and I’m afraid I might have missed it smooshed in with all the fabulous photos, food reviews, line updates, and… other details.

15 Likes

Well, if Covid numbers get bad, we may need to bail! :laughing:

Always ready to pivot at this point. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I hope that doesn’t happen. You still have eleventy days left don’t you?

2 Likes

Shhhh…we got the email yesterday about the roadtrip hotel on the way home looking forward to seeing us soon… :cry:

Crazy that they send that stuff out WEEKS in advance now!

Planners gotta plan, right?

3 Likes

I’ve lived in the Seattle area for more than 40 years. Never been to Victoria. Someday! But not this summer.

3 Likes

Yes! Those are Steve’s!

2 Likes

I missed Le Celliar! I’m glad you got to enjoy all those appetizers.

2 Likes

I thought it was displeasure with the frozen mocha. That’s a great picture!

1 Like

I’m sure they could have thought about something more traditional. They have a plant-based poutine that is apparently good.

2 Likes

:heart: He’s my drama llama. :laughing:

3 Likes

So this…

…became this…

…which turned into this…

…followed by this (plus other miscellaneous sweet leftovers)

^ cookies and cream from Gideon’s

That chicken and mushroom pasty was the best of the lot! Definitely a great take-home dinner item!

14 Likes

Pasties are my favorite (I’m from Michigan originally and they are A THING there from the old timey mining days)! I hope it’s still on the menu when I’m there in August.

What a tasty looking dinner!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

To trip report or not to trip report…

Guess who’s come down with a cold???

I feel fine, but probably shouldn’t be going into the parks. Sigh.

Rapid test scheduled at 11am.

6 Likes