To trip report or not to trip report

One last pic from on the way out of AK…

(We have 2 more AK days scheduled.)

Then there were enforced naps (i.e., we split the twins) and opt-in showers.

9 Likes

So much fun that they play the theme music in the parking garage!

Celebrating “Chris Eve” tonight. DH’s choice for the family dinner…

It’s a glass of red wine. No pic needed.

14 Likes

What is Chris Eve?

1 Like

The night before Chris’s birthday!

7 Likes

HBTY Chris!

2 Likes

DH and DD20 split these:

The DS11s each had one of these:

The Thai cucumbers were unbelievably spicy. They ate the burgers and the sushi and the edamame. (Won’t eat sweet potato fries though?). And then 2 more pieces of nigiri each.

DM:

DS16:

Mine:

Then, in an unexpected turn of events, DS16 just did a “return to sender” of his entire meal. He was brilliant and got it all in a series of beverage glasses we kept sliding in front of him. Trying to figure out how to get him to the car now.

9 Likes

Oh my.

2 Likes

The day needed a twist, right? :persevere:

2 Likes

Oh dear lord! Poor DS and poor you and poor wait staff dealing with those beverage containers! Better than on the table though for sure!

4 Likes

Nope. DH has been discretely taking them one-at-a-time to the restroom.

Our server has been great though. Takes everything in stride. DS11.2 did spill his soy sauce earlier.

Not the “to go” container she typically provides…

Tossing him in the wheelchair.

4 Likes

I sure hope this passes quickly. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That is some seriously bad live advertising for this restaurant.

Perhaps an allergy you were yet unaware of??

2 Likes

Meh. It’s the risk of sushi. It happens. Now, if we all go down…

1 Like

What an eloquent way to put that. Poor guy! Nice improvised puke bucket. Hope he’s through it all quickly.

3 Likes

He won’t get in the wheelchair. Can’t bear the idea of the elevator to first floor. Or taking stairs. We’re holding tight.

1 Like

Server also offered to call health services but not sure what they could do. They could give him something to suppress it, but I’d rather he purge whatever the issue is if possible.

DH took him to restroom to see if that helps at all.

2 Likes

Interesting. She isn’t allowed to clear anything from the table at this point. Park Services will deal with it after we leave? She was impressed DH took care of the critical bits. I don’t think any of the tables around us had a clue.

It’s also possible the heat got to him.

6 Likes

Oh man that’s terrible! Poor DS!

When I was 14 my family went to WDW and I’ll never forget the night we ate at Nine Dragons, my brother woke up in the middle of the night in our shared sofa bed at OKW. Somehow I had the instinct to wake up just before him and move out of the way. He then proceeded to puke on the spot I had just vacated. :joy: He was like 12 so should have been old enough to get to the bathroom.

3 Likes

We successfully made it back to the van!

7 Likes

Back at the hotel!

Somehow, DS11.2 ended up riding in the wheelchair (pushed by DH), and DS16 and DM ended up walking? They both wanted to walk?

DS16 already doing marginally better. He thinks it was definitely the sushi. I’m not pressing for details at this point.

Well, definitely rounds out the day for Chris Eve? Maybe we should just give up on this birthday thing? Going to go ponder tomorrow…of course, DM already offering to stay with DS16 at the hotel. We’ll see…

11 Likes