To split for hotel choice or one hotel for ease?

I need help trying to decide b/w ten nights at Boardwalk Inn for $290/night for the whole trip for a nice hotel at a great rate and not having to move. Or should I split our stay into three nights at Yacht Club (for Stormalong Bay) for $290/night and Port Orleans Riverside in Royal Room for the cool room about $200/night for the last full week. I really want to stay at Yacht Club first, or Beach Club but if I stay all ten nights there I’ll be in the Beach Club which I don’t like the decor as much as Yacht Club and it’ll cost $428/night which is too much of a difference for me. Kids are nine and 12 and it’s just the three of us with our own car.

@gingerSnaps543222 I book split stays often but my kids are in college so I don’t have to consider what extra effort is involved with younger kids. Disney will move your luggage for you and you’ll get to experience two resorts instead of one but you’ll need to decide if it is worth the packing, unpacking, checking out and checking back in. If you decide to split your stay then I recommend staying at Riverside first then Yacht or Beach. It is a better vacation experience to move up in resort class than to move down.
PS: 10 days?! That sounds magical! I’m excited for you.

1 Like

If you got a great rate at a deluxe I would pick that over any time at a mod. We enjoyed our royal room, however, once we moved to AKL we wished we had booked it for the whole stay. The levels of comfort and amenities don’t even compare. The boardwalk is a great resort and being in walking/boating distance to two parks is a huge convenience.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! Unfortunately, based on availability it would have to be YC first and then POR. :frowning2: Maybe it’s better to just stay at Boardwalk.

2 Likes