To renew or not to renew?

Hi! My Seasonal AP expired April 28, so I think tomorrow is the last day I can renew it and get the 20% discount, which is about $80. I don’t currently have any plans to go to Universal, but it doesn’t take nearly as much advance planning as Disney so there’s always a chance I do a solo long weekend trip or something. But I’m really unlikely to go before like October simply because I don’t enjoy the heat or summer crowds. Is it worth renewing my pass now to save $80 when I know I might not be back for half of that AP period? Or should I just wait and buy a new pass before my next trip, whenever that may be? I keep flip flopping, so would love some Liner input/advice

1 Like

I’d wait personally.

3 Likes

I’d wait as well.

3 Likes

They won’t do another price increase until next February. So, you know what pricing to expect between now & then. (I’d wait)

1 Like

I was pricing APs recently and I noticed seasonal pass went up! Does anyone know exactly when this happened? We were too late, doesn’t make much sense now for us to buy it, will probably buy regular tickets.

They went up in March and again like a week & a half ago. Very unusual to have two price increases so close together but gestures at everything

3 Likes

Yeah… it went up last week… I should have bought the AP I am getting for my DD20’s Sept trip then. One of the best part of Universal AP’s is that they don’t expire / activate until your first use. You can buy an AP today and not use it until 2024 if you want.

I wished I understood that better back in 2020 when they were sell APs for $300 AND and three months of bonus time on the AP!

3 Likes

I have an AP that I just renewed. I will use it for my trip next year. It will only be valid for 2 out of the 3 days I will be there, unfortunately. So I will either have to renew before / during my trip next year, or buy a 1-day pass for that last day (morning, really). The main reason I have an AP is for hotel discounts, which it more than pays for.

2 Likes

I ended up not renewing. If I had a trip planned in the next year I would have renewed without thinking about it, like I did last year. I got them largely for the hotel discounts, and because at the time a seasonal pass was less than 3 day passes if I remember correctly. Now I’ll wait and see if they bring back the 3 months free promotion at any point, and if so I’ll probably go ahead and buy one then since I can activate it at any time now that I’m not renewing

2 Likes