To move or not to move? (from WDW to Universal)

Hi, we are a family of 6 staying in an apartment in the Kissimmee area (Tacoa Circle), this locations seems fine for us for our WDW but im doubting if moving to a hotel closer to Universal for our 2 Universal days or if it would just be easier to drive from Tacoa Circle each Universal day. Any thoughts/suggestions? (We will be driving, wont stay in property)

1 Like

I’m not familiar with where you are coming from, but if it’s close to WDW then UOR is about 25 - 30 minutes away. If you already have the apartment booked it would make sense to stay there. You need space. The apartment is going to give you that (I presume) and you won’t have to relocate.

1 Like

Is the Universal days the last 2 days of your trip? Where do you go after that? Home?
Exactly how close to Universal would you stay if you moved and would it be 1, 2 or 3 nights?

1 Like

Thanks for the replies!

We’ll be on a 12 night trip, got 14-day WDW tickets but would also go to KSC, IOA and USF (one day each).

Grand parents won’t rush at anytime of the day so we don’t mind not having early entry, we won’t use it anyway.

We are looking into universal area hotels, Rose Inn and alike. My doubt is mainly if it’s better to start the trip with a 3 night stay in the universal area and do USF and IOA and then move or go the whole trip to the WDW apartment (this is big and comfy) and go back and forth to universal from there.

I see most people tend to change hotel when doing Universal so I wanted to make sure I’m not messing up things by staying in the WDW area and going to Universal from there

1 Like

I think this is going to come down to personal preference. I would prefer not to change locations unless I get a great deal or something…

1 Like

I have stayed at hard rock for 2 nights to get Express Pass for 3 days for the family. Then moved on to WDW onsite. That would be the only way I would do it. If I was staying off site anyway, a 25-30 minute drive wouldn’t deter me.

2 Likes

We’ve done several trips where we’ve rented an off-site villa and visited both WDW and UOR.
For the UOR days we just left a little earlier than we would’ve done for the WDW days.
Never seemed much of an issue to us.

Hope you have a great trip!

3 Likes

Ok, thank you all! It’s really helpful to get these opinions when making decision’s

2 Likes